American Heart Association is a JOKE

(Brian Miller) #21

I forgot the BEST news. My youngest uncle, my godfather who had struggled the most with T2D to the point it’s affected his eyesight wants me to sit down with him soon and give him a meal plan/ guidance as well as link him to the forums.

You are a converter rockstar @VoodooChum! Look at you go!!!

(Jo Lo) #23

This is like a politician saying “Yes, but if I suggest anything that’s at odds with my contributors, I’d be in big trouble”. Would this politician deserve re-election?

For a doctor, this is a clear violation of their professional Hippocratic oath.

(Paul Oakes) #24

The 2 Dudes were right on, Dr’s do not know very much about nutrition and what cause and effect is all about. Some of them are just mouth pieces for various associations.

"KETO ON"

I use a motorized scooter in the supermarket, and my limited mobility (arthritis) has nothing to
do with diet. In fact, it’s ketosis that helps me control the chronic pain of my condition.

I really hate when people assume that those who use the carts are fat and lazy. I am at my optimum weight
but unable to stand or walk for distance.

(Bacon for the Win) #26

While I doubt the poster meant this as a direct slur towards you, research is showing that RA and arthritis in general can be autoimmune related. AI response is directly related to the food we eat. Following the SAD is the best way to guarantee a deranged AI response. You, and many others out there in a motorized cart, would not be in the position you are in now had the powers that be been honest and open about sugar, fat, and foods in general. Had they not let the food industry and lobbyists control how awful food-like things are presented as real food, we’d be singing a different tune here. It’s definitely not your fault. You, and ALL of us, have been led astray for far too long.

Glad to hear keto keeps the pain away. That’s a great reason to keto on :smile:

No, I understand that the poster did not direct any slur at me.

I was responding to the almost universal disdain for those of us who use supermarket carts that I find all over the internet. We are ‘typed’ as fat and lazy, although I’ve never seen anyone using the carts in my supermarket who did not have health issues that required their use.