Amazon Prime movies

(Allie) #1

Just watching a documentary about fasting, it’s called Fasting… so far so good. Dr Fung is involved.

(Alec) #2

Allie
Do let us know how it ends up. Sounds interesting. But I don’t want to bother if they conclude we’re all barking mad starvation geeks. :joy::joy::open_mouth:

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #3

Following. I have prime. Just listened to Dr. Fung’s interview with the 2dudes this morning.

(Allie) #4

I’m now halfway through it, will finish it later. It seems to be trying to give opinions on both sides of the fence - both pro fasting and it’s benefits, and anti fasting with the implication of it being an eating disorder. Definitely worth watching I would say, I’m interested to see how it ends and which side of the fence they end up on.

(Ellen) #5

Ooh, I’ll queue that up to watch.

(Alec) #6

Alas, I can’t see it in Australia. I am a Prime member, I have searched Fasting in Prime video, and nothing shows called “fasting”. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Anybody else in Aus tried and can see it?

Great use for a VPN!

(Alec) #8

I think my login knows where I live. :disappointed:

Most of the time they geofilter based on IP and not acct details. Can’t remember if I’ve ever worked around Amazon Prime restrictions or not but definitely Hulu, netflix and youtube. I just switched my VPN to an AU IP and went to Prime in a private tab containerized from my others and not logged in and it show Fasting as available. Weird you’re not seeing it. Anybody else in AU confirm this?

(Alec) #10

This is what I am seeing…

I went to the primevideo.com this time instead of directly through the Amazon main page and got a message about being outside the US and to call and “update my acct” whatever that means. Give it a shot through the amazon.com page and switch the search box to Prime video, see if that works around it for you. Seems to on my end, but if I log in it’ll know where I’m supposed to be.

(Alec) #12

Thanks, that worked. But I think they are going to invite me to pay to watch it! So i’ll decide tomorrow whether i’ll Pay to see it.

Thanks for your help.

(Allie) #13

OK so o finished watching this lasts night. The second half of it seemed to be mainly a promotion for the fasting mimicking diet and how it gives all the benefits without the negatives, followed by about three minutes on the topic of juice fasting.

I’d say it’s worth watching, but if I had had to pay for it, I may not be overly impressed.

(Alec) #14

Thanks, Allie. I noticed that it was made by Dr Longo so it is inevitably a promo for the FMD (just for you Aimee!). So, I am going to give it a miss, especially as my prime membership doesn’t seem to pay for it (GKW).
Cheers
A

(Todd Gamel) #15

Thanks, will check this video out tomorrow after I get off work and break my fast. Currently on a four day water only fast (88 hours) my first while I am working, and the longest I have ever done.

(KCKO, KCFO) #16

The movie Fasting is now on Youtube. com, part one has links to the other two parts. Jason is speaking as I type this :slight_smile:

(Khara) #17

I just finally watched this. Just showed up in my Amazon. I actually really liked it. Mostly the first third or half I found really compelling. The 2nd half, not quite as interesting but still worth it. Like others have said, towards the end there is sort of a sales pitch for the fasting mimicking diet, but it’s not terribly strong. I did actually appreciate the stories during the 2nd half of the people, one woman in particular, who did an extended 30 day fast and did not listen to her body at about week 2-3 when she knew she should break her fast but didn’t, and the resulting health ramifications of that. I think her story is important because I think learning to listen to our bodies is important. I appreciate that most people on this forum seem to also find importance in that as opposed to just powering through. Anyway, for anyone whose not yet watched, I think it’s overall really great. :+1::+1: