ALS info?

(Jennie) #1

Devastatingly, we’ve had a diagnosis of ALS in our family.

Does anyone have ANY research? Even anecdotal. I’m Googling like crazy.

Any help is appreciated.

(Larry Lustig) #2

Very sorry to hear this news. I only wish I had some information for you.

(Stephanie Hanson) #3

I just started reading Fight Cancer with a Ketogenic Diet by Ellen Davis. There is a brief mention of it in a section about keto for neuro stuff. Her website might have more info. Ketogenic Diet Resource

(Guardian of the bacon) #4

What is the lady Dr’s name from Iowa that has MS? Her work might be related?
@richard I believe she was on a podcast.

Dr. Terry Wahls is the keto MS doctor. I’m very sorry for the bad news. :frowning:

(Guardian of the bacon) #6

That’s who I was thinking of. I know they are 2 very different diseases, I didn’t know if any of her work might cross over?

(Jennie) #7

Awesome. I’ll check that out.

I’ll add this link, for anyone needing it for future reference.

(Guardian of the bacon) #8

An article that briefly mentions improvement in motor skills for ALS patients and that clinical studies are beginning.

(Michelle isaacson) #9

Thank you for sharing. I have a friend with significant metabolic syndrome PCOS, Diabetes, Hypoglycemia, tick disorder. She is a major carb addict. Now yesterday diagnosed with MS. She is 40 years old 5’1” 205# and literally has no neck as her abdomen pushes up on her chest (all trunkal Weight). I shared with her Keto and how it might change her life. She of course freaked out when I said no Fruit and no 64oz of sweet tea daily. Yet, I asked her “How would life be for you if you actually felt better”? She goes to a Neuro on Monday as they want to admit her for High Dose IV steroids. :frowning: I told her to do what her Dr. suggested and to still consider Keto. Any and all suggestions for this friend would be great!

TIA :smiley:

(Marta Loftfield) #10

For ALS please look up Dr. David Perlmutter. He is a neurologist with many articles about ALS and ketogenic diets. Some pretty encouraging research.

(Michelle isaacson) #11

Thank you! :smiley: