Almost three years Carnivore blood test

(Scott) #1

Well the wife insisted I get a very detailed blood test done because the carnivore diet can’t possibly be good for you. The results came back and I am damn near perfect. Four items were only one point into high scale and even my wife admitted it looks pretty good. The only problem is they have screwed up the NMR Lipid panel twice so I just got stuck for the third time. I will report back when that result is in.

(Bob M) #2

What was “high”?

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #3

All that arterycloggingsaturatedfat is definitely deadly, lol! Not to mention we need our daily five servings of vegetables and fruit (at least, according to the Vegetable Growers’ Association and the Fruit Council, lol!).

Seriously though, as for your NMR test, what is your ratio of triglycerides to HDL? If it is under 2.0 (U.S.) or 0.9 (elsewhere), then your NMR test will show the healthy Pattern A, which means minimal risk for cardiovascular disease.

(Scott) #4

Albumin high by .3
A/G ratio hig by .1
AST high by 2 points
ALT high by 1 point
Vitamin D low by 2 points

Hope my lipid results today.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #5

You’ll probably get grief from your doctor about the liver enzymes. Did they test your creatinine?

Also, do you have your inflammatory markers yet (CRP, WBC, ferritin, etc.)?

not need to hear more on this one Scott! Happy for you.
remember the ‘high scale’ is ‘ALL eating’ so one never knows if high is bad or near bad or wrong ever cause there is no and won’t be anytime soon a ‘real test’ against carnivore eating and its real values on any testing so?

ya feel great you rock on! On ZC your highs but be damn perfect but one won’t know will we any time soon LOL

(Doug) #7

:clap: :+1: :raised_hands: Scott, great thread! I love stuff like this - what actually happens.

(Marco ) #9

Not saying your results weren’t great, but never go by “normal Ranges” as an indicator of good… Good is a far tighter range and doctors usually only pay attention to outliers.