Almost done 24 hour fast... exactly 1 hour left

(Heather Meyer) #1

So lately i been dabbling in 22:2 but i was struggling to push past 22 hour mark. I would start feeling super cold and then i would feel nausiated and just not well… so i didnt go longer.

But last night i decided to feast up on an OMAD and then start last night. Its mental i think…it must be! Im sitting here staring at the minutes go by. I had started making Keto gingerbread men but i abandoned it because i just wanted to lick the bowl…have a taste. So i left my kitchen an hour ago and havent gone back. I tried the salt trick too… I have been putting a few granules of pink salt under my tounge and letting it dissolve. Seems to help a little. Doesnt help the hunger or cold feeling but helps me not feel so foggy(?)

I think once im done this fast, I am going to feast for 24 hours. Ive been doing OMAD style 22:2 for 4 days and wanted to end the week with a full 24 hours. And then i will feast away!! Keto only foods of course!

40 minutes to go…

(Heather Meyer) #2

I did it!! woohoo!
Broke my fast with a keto fried egg sandwich!
Nowi feel warm!

Congrats! I recently complete my first EF of 27 hours last week. I was aiming for 40 but decided to listen to my hunger signals and finish a bit early.

(Jane) #4

Congrats!

Next time tell your body you are fasting for 48 hours… then when you break it at 24 hours it will be happy!

It truly is mental - when you set a goal of xx hours to fast the last hour or so drags on because you start thinking of eating again and breaking your fast. When you are a day away or many hours away you just push the thoughts away and go do something else.

(Heather Meyer) #5

good idea! i will give that a try!

(The amazing autoimmune 🦄) #6

It feels good to accomplish your goals. Yay