All Animal April

zerocarb
carnivore

Good!

My friend.

I am rural country area. eggs are like 1.89/doz for large. cheapy still
most people here have chickens :sunny:, heck I had around 400 when I did our egg sales for farm biz… our steaks went up alot…in that $18-20 per lb range BUT go on a massive sale ‘still’ (who knows how long or how high that final ‘sale price’ will be later) but so far I am in a ‘cheaper food area’ cause my area is a depressed type area ‘in a way’…now that the farms are selling out more and civilization is encroaching more it is getting pricer, esprecially real estate.

I can still get Tbone steaks for $5-7.99/lb and get other things way cheap…again, for how long? noticed last sales are like $9.99 on sale from the $14.99 on Tbones selling.

but yea, all going up, no doubt about that :slight_smile:

if prices get too high I will just buy a few angus and stick in the pasture and fill my own freezer like I did before. we shall see which way it rolls.

(Robin) #23

We don’t plan to grill this summer. A good fat steak can air fry @400 degrees for 12 minutes and be beautifully seared on the outside and a perfect medium rare inside, no juices lost. It tastes “steakier”. We prefer it at home now over our favorite steak joint.

Only draw back would be if you had more than 2 people to cook for.
I season with salt, pepper, garlic and just before cooking, I add a layer of butter on top.

we grill alot but it is for the family cause I personally don’t like how ‘gray’ my beef comes out from a grill and hate that taste of propane cooking my meat and hate charcoal taste too LOL

yea I am a pain :slight_smile:

but when in the RV on the road hubby grills a ton, most times I eat ‘very big’ on my other food til dinner and then ‘eat a little’ of that propane cooked meat…ugh…but yea I take care of me when out and about and what taste I enjoy and how I like MY food cooked. Hubby and I are SO polar opposite on food LOL

(Daisy) #25

For whatever reason I still can’t quote posts.

• How long have you been carnivore?
    I am in my third year of carnivore. I played around with carnivore for about 6 months before going all in. Like a few have said, when I “cheat” I cheat with keto. Never standard diet.

• What do you want to focus on this month?
    Getting my hunger under control. I did a month of full carnivore with yogurt and some cheese and have spent the last week trying to get back on track. But my hunger is completely out of control. I’m planning to do mostly lion diet through April, then shift to a bbbe approach (beef, butter, bacon and eggs).

• Do you have any personal goals that you’re hoping to work towards?
    The dream is to lose the excess fat. It’s always been the dream and will continue to be the dream.

• What foods have you been enjoying the most?
    Last month I really enjoyed sausages. Now I’m back to just beef and lamb.

OK what ya do…someone might do it diff but I do it this way LOL

COPY the line ya want…regular old copy a line…highlights in blue…then when ya got the blue you wanna quote go down to Reply and hit it…should quote only that which is in blue to that person like I just did

Might help ya? If you can figure out what I just told ya HAHA

(Robin) #27

Vegetables. Who knew they could be a problem now? I was a happy and healthy vegetarian for years. They would still be my favorite food. But when I began keto and started eliminating foods that caused problems, I learned it was veggies that led to each of my diverticulitis flairs. They have to be cooked to mush, so what’s the point. Bye bye veggies.

(Karen) #28

Wow when I started reading this new April thread there were only 10 posts and as i read they increased to 26! Lol phew I hot to the end, good job I am not at work this weekend else I would have had to skip past them all… fortunately I am kitty sitting again for my daughter as she and her hubby have gone to a wedding and stopping over. I shouldn’t be getting any distractions but when I got here I could see they were a bit late getting off this morning so I started cleaning the kitchen and then tidied where the cat had been using the litter tray and put a couple of loads of my washing in her machine and then into the dryer so I have probably done more than I would have at home hahaha.

I yesterday I ate a breakfast at the pub when I met up with some of my work colleagues. I had to order sides instead of one of the breakfast choices as there was so much crap with them so I order 2 eggs, 2 rashers of bacon (I got 4 so I think there was a bit of miscommunication somewhere along the lin) and 2 sausages which I had because I thought I might be hungry. I haven’t bee eating sausages lately and I just knew they would make my stomach bloat… and they did! Thr breakfast was a tad bit earlier than I usually eat but it went down well. Later I had the last 2 duck eggs scrambled in butter, loverly and then I put the second lot of butchers pork ribs in oven. They were smaller than first batch but still plenty and I managed to eat it all.

Did my stair runs this morning and then a CrossFit class, teams of 4 this morning with a couple of peeps new to the Box which was nice, its always nice to see new faces and they were in our team so hopefully I will remember their names … I deliberately said them over and over through the workout to try and cement them into my memory lol.

Today so far I have eaten a breast of chicken.
I have a ribeye to eat later when I return home but I am feeling a bit peckish so may have to pinch a couple of my daughters eggs and do some scrambly to tied me over. Was reluctant to bring food with me as kitty gets in my face to get at the food :rofl: I am not very good at sharing my food hahaha

I am same as @Daisy and can’t do the copy and paste. Probably works okay on a computer but not on my phone hence I never quote as such.

Started keto 21st May 2020 and started Carnivore 1st November 2020. It seemed a natural progression. Havent waivered since starting. When I get focused thats it till something else takes my fancy. I am an all or nothing girl so this really has suited me to a ‘T’ as it stopped all my cravings and I find i rarely binge eat now but I like that if I feel I want to keep eating then I can without having all the woe is me feeling afterwards.

I didn’t start eating this way for weight loss although I have lost a few lbs without trying and guess that is just my body resting itself. I followed the carni thread after about a month of keto and listened to what everyone was saying and it all made perfect sense to me.

The best thing for me as I said is that it eliminated all my cravings and I certainly had cravings on keto.
Experienced a bit of energy loss for a week or so at the start and tbh I can’t remember when that settled … I think I just forgot that I didn’t have much energy and suddenly the energy was plentiful.

I had a really great month in March in as much as I kicked the cheese habit. I can’t say i haven’t thought about how nice a piece or 2 or 3 would be when I get to early evening but I have just had something meaty or eggy instead and instantly forget about cheese.

Still loving beefsteaks/lamb and enjoying pork ribs and roast shoulder of pork and a bit of chicken. Maybe need to eat a bit more fish just keep forgetting to buy it… I don’t fancy it as much these days, probably because I know its red meat that gives me the energy.

No particular goals this month except to wake up every morning. Happy with weight, happy with eating, no real issues thankfully.

Will carry on exercising the way I do and eating carnivore as i really enjoy this woe.

Oh I am turning 65 in June.

(Daisy) #29

Yeah it used to work like that for me, but for the last 2 months it won’t work

(Daisy) #30

Omad today. I had to drive to a neighboring city to get my car serviced and decided to wait to eat until I got home. It was longer than I planned and I was super hungry when I got home. As soon as I pulled into the garage, my husband said he needed my help, so it was another 30-45 minutes before I got into the house. My plan had been for burger patties and beef bacon, but that got scrapped. I wanted food immediately. So I went with raw beef suet and raw sirloin steak. I tried the whole “eat the fat first” thing. I ate 2/3 of the suet and couldn’t stomach another bite. Then I ate the raw sirloin. I did finish it. I think the point of eating the fat first is so you don’t eat as much?? Yeah that never works when I try it. I still eat just as much. I’m definitely still broken in a lot of ways

(Karen) #31

Well I am home now after kitten sittin, got inat 7.40pm and had the ribrye plus some bacon. I’ve had a very relaxing day and kitty sat on my lap or in my arms almost all afternoon! :heart_eyes: my neck and back started aching thoughts it always does when sitting on a sofa instead of my harder upright armchair in my kitchen. Its easing now thankfully.

Fotgot to mention i couldn’t walk passed this in lidl yesterday :slight_smile: what a match to my worktop?? :smiley:

(Alec) #32
  • 3 months carnivore now, feeling great! I am not thin (yet), but I feel thin!
  • My focus this month is NO measurement. It’s maintenance practice!
  • My medium term running goal is to do a sub 30min parkrun (5k) by end June. I would like to be sub34 by end of April (currently at just over 35)
  • Interestingly, I have gone off my ex-favourite food, pork. Am now much more into steak and lamb. Have regular bacon and eggs of course. Did a nice cream, butter and cheese sauce yesterday.

Best wishes to all my carnivore friends!
Cheers
Alec

I think, and we probably all think…that the cost of produce is going to be a huge topic in the short to medium future. @coopdawg

@FrankoBear - in the UK, supermarket steak is around £16-£19 per kg. It’s more in the region of low £20s per kg from the butcher, and low £30s per kg from the farm. @Septimius

£20/kg for butcher’s steak :cut_of_meat: is about $35Au/kg and $11.92US/lb. That’s $10Au/kg cheaper than here. @Alecmcq what are you paying for rib eye over on the east coast of Oz?

I can see that @Naghite Michael is doing carnivore properly by getting the best produce available. $58CAN/kg is $61AU/kg. We haven’t yet hit that price point here in Western Australia.

The beauty of 2MAD or OMAD carnivore is that it is still equivalent economically to SAD eating in terms of weekly shopping budget. Before COVID and war in the Ukraine it was cheaper to be carnivore. Cheaper before factoring in the medical costs of eating SAD.

Yes, the quote code has been a bit fickle. It needs a few moments, there’s a delay, for it to register in a reply at the moment.

(Alec) #34

I generally buy scotch fillets and porterhouse steaks: more visible fat (numnumnum!). I am pretty sure we are at about $20/kg for that, but I will check out the prices more carefully and report back. I think ribeye is more expensive??

I feel like I am paying more for groceries on carnivore than I was before, but that could be an illusion. I used to grow a lot of our own fruit and veg, so the bill for those was pretty low. But I am eating a lot more meat, and that is more expensive than veg.

Alas, I am not allowed to kill any animal that comes on our property, so keeping livestock is out. Best I could do is keep some egg laying chickens. Might do that when I retire (hopefully soon).

(Alec) #35

Well I was WELL wrong on that… just went to supermarket, make that A$40-43/kg.

So breathe easy, east coast doesn’t have it so easy!

Grass fed, panda massaged is $60-$70/kg.

Guess I forgot to memorialize my goals for the month in the previous post.
So, dropping a good 10-15lb is on the horizon. Off to a great start. Practicing IF and EF. (Managed a 48 hour fast a couple weeks ago. Been on OMAD for the most part. Work schedule throws that off sometimes. And, implementing a longer exercise routine in the AM. The biggest goal however, is being consistent with all of the above.

Preparation has been the key to success in the past. And it still is. Today, after an 8-5 shift, plus shopping, I cooked off a few pounds of chicken thighs. Actually shocked that the price had remained the same for the thighs as it was 4 months ago. $2.79/lb. There are enougb for a few days, if the fam doesn’t snack on them. Beef brats are another favorite, so when I cook a couple for hubby, I throw in extra for myself to take to work. (air fryer)

I really should take a peek at beef prices. Generally, I don’t - since I “grow” my own. Ditto with turkeys. Depending on how many eggs I get from the new chickens, I may end up selling some to supplement income. Same with my garden veggies. I’m not eating the veggies, but I do enjoy playing in the dirt and growing things - so why not?

Well. Gotta leave here at 630am for the day shift, so off to bed. Have a great evening/weekend!

so again enjoyed reading the posts on the thread!

@Ketodaisy, sorry the quote thing ain’t working for you. I have no issues and all is good, so far LOL but I am on a laptop, a phone I guess it wouldn’t work like Karen said trying it but FB mentioned something wrong but working ok here? sorry again, I have no clue :crazy_face:

and you are not broken KD. You will be ok. When we get very ravenous it is ok to eat all you need.

yea, I feel ya on panda massaged, I was laughing good on this one!

worst is my ‘bulk store’ cost on tenderloin was like $18/99/lb and went on sale alot of times for like 10-11.99/lb for a whole big slab to cut myself at home…but went the other day and it is now $26.99/lb. Nope. Done deal. 1 frozen lonely lobster was 10.99, now it is $21.99 for that same lobster. Needless to say no one in my area is buying. Won’t be long the stores around me are going to discontinue stocking high priced non-purchased items. it all sucks rocks on these prices and it ain’t even over ‘just yet’…ugh.

@Karen18, kitty is so cute plus that plant color is amazing :slight_smile:

Same here SB. It was super important when I started zc and it still is a major factor to helping me continue on plan easily. Agreed!

--------------------yesterday food went a tad weirdo on me again. Ate my nice big ribeye steak first meal. Then not as hungry later so I ate hot dogs again with melty cheese. 3. Then I threw in the oven 3 small pieces of country pork ribs, mainly fatty. Omgosh those set me right. So fatty and delish and perfect. I hit a pack of big fatty ones, small cut tho and those 3 little hunks just finished off my day.

Today I got the last ribeye I defrosted for first meal later. tonight, who knows but I do have some chicken breast needing cooking, might pass that off on family and then I will cook up a few of those smaller fatty pork ribs again.

Like I said it is hard to find a very big fatty pack of country style pork ribs anymore. trimmed to death but this lot I grabbed the other day was fat loaded inside the meat, very streaky and wow they were delish.

All going well for me. Just zc’ing thru April and seeing where it goes :slight_smile:

So we talked about how long on keto too? Not any idea, I am bad with time. It’s good no one cares about anniversaries around me as I just don’t care but would forget anyway.
I went keto several years ago. IDK when. I do on/off keto since, all the time. Both my on and off days are lower-carb now than before.

Hi guys, we voted and the weather showed it’s April so it does whatever it just pleases.
When I saw snowflakes yesterday, I didn’t bat an eye, it’s pretty normal in April.
But then it got unusual… I don’t ever remember this much snow after mid-March and we often have less during the whole winter…

My pansies!!! (They are fine now.)

Next time I will talk more about food. I just can tell that Alvaro found the new scotch egg soft inside! Indeed, only half an hour at a higher temperature doesn’t cook the egg noticeably more! Yay!
Until next time I will figure out how much time proper soft eggs need…

(Linda ) #39

[quote="Ketodaisy,

[quote="Ketodaisy, post:30, . I ate 2/3 of the suet and couldn’t stomach another bite. Then I ate the raw sirloin. I did finish it. I think the point of eating the fat first is so you don’t eat as much?? Yeah that never works when I try it. I still eat just as much. I’m definitely still broken in a lot of ways.

That’s how you supposed to do it eat fat til you don’t want another bite then the lean

The reason for it is they think for some of us if you eat protein first it sets up our bodies to burn protein for fuel from glucogennissis from when that first bite of protein hits our mouth …then that puts/ keeps us in fat storage mode… Fat first hopefully sets up fat burning mode so our bodies burn the fat into ketones and then finally allows the fat from our fat cells to be released as well …and then when we hit ketosis our appitite should drop. So it might take a few days??
see how it long it holds you holds you between meals

As for quoting i go to your post hit reply then hit the speak halo looking icon beside the capital B then delete what I dont want.

(Karen) #40

Also cheaper in terms of wastage. I was always chucking away stuff from the fridge that had either gone soggy or going mouldy or I had bought too much or I had cooked too much and then didn’t eat it. So the cost was pretty high. Since carni i eat everything and rarely waste anything , don’t buy snacks and find i am not spending anywhere near as much.