Aldi's keto bread

(Karla Sykes) #1

So I was in Aldi’s the other day and I seen this big loaf of bread that said keto bread and zero guilt. And I was looking at the ingredients and I’m going to that it had gluten in it and I was wondering how in the devil is this Keto?personally

I will make my own keto bread but I thought it was interesting. I make this bread before it was a little dense but I still like it

(Katie the Quiche Scoffing Stick Ninja ) #2

‍A ketogenic diet is naturally very low in gluten, but if you do not have gluten intolerance or celiac disease, there is no need to avoid low-carb products that contain small amounts of gluten. I think the Aldi bread tastes crap and I much prefer the Woolworths Low Carb Macro Bread (Australian)

(Karla Sykes) #3

Quite honestly I just prefer to make my own low carb bread

(Chris) #4

The label should give some indication. It’s likely not but possible.

Keto for such stuff means “<1.0g net carbs for a portion” and they decide about the portion.
Gluten isn’t necessarily a problem, I could eat 100-200g gluten every day while doing keto, it’s not THAT carby and my ketosis carb limit is way higher anyway.
For many of us, keto means we eat little enough carbs (it makes sense to me. keto is where I am in ketosis). Every food item is allowed, theoretically.

It’s a product that tastes pretty good and may help people cut carbohydrates from their diet and be healthier. I try not to obsess with little things that don’t have an effect on the big picture. If you don’t tolerate gluten well then don’t eat it. It may be a good option for other people and possibly jumpstart their diet because a type of bread can be included. I personally found a loaf a few weeks ago at Aldi’s and liked the convenience of sticking a burger between toasted slice. Ive never been a big bread eater, so I didnt even finish the half loaf that you get. I’ve looked a couple of times since and couldn’t find any. If it helps people get to a healthy weight when they otherwise may not try, then I think it’s a good option.

(Karla Sykes) #7

Be careful with gluten proven Studies have shown that it can cause leaky gut syndrome in the long run. That stuff is toxic for you in my opinion

(Karla Sykes) #8

You make a very good point. And I don’t disagree with anything you said but for me personally I would prefer to just make my own bread with no more than four or five ingredients

I’ve heard a lesson from a doctor once so I believe lactose is bad for many people (lactose is only a single factor, genes and stress have a role too). I had lactose free years and I felt the same. So I don’t care much about gluten, carbs are SURELY bad for me so if I ever run out of meat, I eat gluten instead (it’s gluten or more carbs, after all. or living on eggs, including lots of sweets). I do my best not to use it without a good reason, just to be super safe. And I do my best to have enough meat anyway so I am not worried.
If something is bad, my body usually tells me. Of course it’s surely not 100% but good enough for me. My body is very sensitive at this point and complains about a lot of things (subtly).

If you like your egg loaf, that’s good :slight_smile: It’s not bread enough for most of us, not like bread is a necessity though it is almost that for some. Each to their own. I find gluten no worse than coconut flour but if I want a safe “bread” (sometimes I need it, I can’t eat stew alone so happily), I make a carnivore one :smiley: We have options.