Alcoholic drinks allowed on Keto?

One thing I hate about the Keto diet is that I can no longer have my glass of wine at night. I really don’t like the taste of hard liquor much, unless it is in a fruity drink ( and not seltzer or club soda). What about the Skinny Girl Cocktails.? A friend brought the White Cranberry Cosmo to a party and I saw on the label it only has 2 carbs. Does anyone know what sweetener is used? I haven’t had a drink in 6 months and I’m ready to have a drink or two again in the evenings.

I have been on this Keto diet for 6 months, I have strictly followed the rules, and I’m always shown to be in Ketosis when I check. I have only lost 10 pounds. Everyone else tells me how great they feel on the diet. I don’t, I have much less energy than when I eat complex carbohydrates. I feel like I am missing some nutrient, but I do feel better now that I started a multivitamin. Some people gain energy and lose super fast, just because they have given up sodas and sweets. I didn’t eat those to begin with and I’m still overweight. However, it is easy to stay on since it matches my normal eating habits with just a few omissions…and it is better than gaining more weight. I’m not a cheerleader for the “eating method” though. I think it is nutritionally unbalanced.

(Ron) #2

A glass of wine is approx. 4g carbs so why not?

This is a previous discussion.

(KCKO, KCFO) #3

Dry Farm Wines has 0 carb wines. In Denver, Wine and Whey, a shop that teaches wine making and cheese making have produced a 0 carb wine that will be available shortly, it is still processing. There are probably a few others as well. These are two I know about. I decided I wasn’t willing to give up wine and dark chocolate so I didn’t and I have reached my goals and maintained for over a year now. I do not drink as much wine as I used to because I can’t, over a glass gets me drunk now. Also your body processes alcohol first, then everything else. So enjoy from time to time but not all the time is my rule now. I also mix sparkling water with wine to make summer spitzers, I really enjoy those now.

(John) #4

Black Cherry Zevia and a shot of Jack is pretty tasty. Also Cabs Are about 4 or less grams so as long as you heave room in the budget you will be fine. I think its between 20 and 25 for the bottle so depending on your level of carbs you can tolerate will determine how much you can have. I try to stick to under 20 total but i know i go over when I have some wine and it doesnt seem to kick me out.

(Sunny) #5

In relation to drinking alcohol, since living ketogenic, I really struggle…my tolerance has lowered… I mean really! I feel so ordinary. As much as I enjoy it, I wonder what its actually doing to my body, I’m considering not drinking anymore… I’ll take that one step at a time…

In regards to your your lack of energy, how have you been feeling lately? are still living Keto. I totally get that you feel its nutritionally unbalanced its a complete paradigm shift from what we have been “socially conditioned” to eat. It took me a while to get my head around the high fat thing. I Made myself feel good about it by cramming lots of leafy green vegetables with my meals.
I also track my food. I found when I was going over my protein macros I’d feel a little lethargic afterwards… Hope you’re doing well and feeling heaps better.

Cheers Sunny