Alcohol and stalling

(Cori) #1

Ok, The DH (Dear Husband) and I have been employing the keto diet since November and we both lost about 10-12 lbs. It is now March and we are stymied. He is often at a disadvantage because he has to travel for business. He tries(I know he does) but doesn’t understand all the sneaky ways sugar and carbs get into our food. ASIDE: I got blindsided at iHOP when I thought I was getting an omelette and learned (after the fact) that they put pancake batter in their omelettes so they rise higher and fluffier.
Back to the story…anyway…I’m in charge of food and prep (and journaling🙄) generally I keep to below 20 g carbs and have trouble making all the numbers for other macros and we’re still not losing more. I do drink distilled spirits (without mixer) and after listening to Richard and Carl am trying to have my Happy Hour a couple hours after I eat dinner so my liver can metabolize the meal first. Is this a rational plan? How long should I wait to allow proper meal absorption?

(Carl Keller) #2

Hi Cori.

I quit drinking back in 2000 so I know very little about this subject. But I can refer you to this thread:

It may not tell you when the best time to drink is but the link that @Ruina posted will show how long your state of ketosis will be paused, while your liver prioritizes detoxification.