Aktiia?

Has anyone used or tested the AKTIIA? This is a 24/7 wearable bracelet that monitors your blood pressure. It is available in Europe. Not FDA or Health Canada-approved yet. The device is still fairly new and can have lots of glitches. Customer service is not so good. A doctor I know says if it works, it could be a game changer in the management of hypertension.

Just looked into it, seems cool, but can’t see rationalizing the price, especially since you can’t do spot readings with it. Not a ton of work to do a couple readings a day and average, seems it’s using PPG to do it, which a handful of Fitness trackers already have, as do Oura rings, so it’s probably going to be a thing you become way more common. But even medical grade wrist cuffs can be pretty off, and they grab a lot more surface area. As a data nerd and wearables guy, I like it. But thinking it’s not so accurate. Probably why FDA and HC haven’t approved it, it doesn’t take a (lot) to accomplish that, only that you can prove it does what it says consistently.

I’ve had my eye on all types of BP moniters because it’s hard for me to get accurate readings with home wrist cuffs because of my arm size, wound up getting a Chinese XL one that luckily had an adapter for my meter, but a wearable doing it would be awesome.