Air Fryer

(Cathy Schroder) #1

I bought an air fryer recently which has been cooking chicken wings magnificently. I chose an air fryer because I am extraordinarily clumsy and working with hot oil may not be a good fit! Has anyone else used an air fryer for other things? (Don’t worry I add plenty of fat when the food is cooked).

Curious… do you have a link to one?

(kris.marshall78) #3

I have a kitchen chef one, I use it nearly every day as I don’t like my oven. I cook bacon, frittata, chicken, vegetable bakes, etc. Mine fits a standard cake tin in it so I have also done those.

I quite often cook separately for me so I love that I can do a single serve and have it done pretty quickly.

(Cathy Schroder) #4

This is the one that I use:

http://www.philips.com.au/c-p/HD9240_90/premium-collection-airfryer-xl-with-rapid-air-technology

Is there a drip pan to collect and save the nectar of what you’re “frying”? I’d hate to see all that fat wasted.

If so, have you tried bacon?

(Laura) #6

My Daughter in Law has one and cooks everything in it that is a vegetable. She is scared to death of fat and follows faithfully everything her nutritionist suggests. She can’t lose weight and even though she watched me lose 100 lbs on keto, she isn’t going to go there. Now her, me and my granddaughter weigh about the same and I need to lose around 40 to 45 lbs.

(James Green) #7

I cook sausages in mine, love it!

(Cathy Schroder) #8

I cooked lamb meatballs in it this morning. I made up a heap of lamb mixture at the weekend and froze it. Easy to defrost and form meat balls, and only ten minutes to cook. I will be adding fat back to compensate for any missing by way of a home made ranch dressing.

(Cathy Schroder) #9

There certainly is and I will give frying bacon a try.

(Cathy Schroder) #10

I have been making my own sausage mixture because it seems that sausages here in Australia all have fillers and therefore carbs in them.

(Cathy Schroder) #11

That must be heartbreaking for you.

I’ve been in the same habit. Also curious if we should make a banter thread for spices, cuts of meat, day of the week thread for this. I’m very curious.

(James Green) #13

I found these ones at Coles. Delicious!

(Cathy Schroder) #14

Good idea!

(Laura) #15

It’s their it choice. Honestly I went through pretty much the same in diets over the years. So though it would be nice to help to a shortcut thru that, you can horse to water but you can’t make it drink.

(Jeff K) #16

An air fryer is an efficient kitchen appliance that can give fried food lovers easy access to fried food with as much as eighty percent less fat. If you are looking to purchase one and confused about which air fryer is best for you, go through each of these products with their individual features—then decide which of them is the most important for you. http://airfryerguru.net/air-fryers/

(Ethan) #17

It just feels so wrong to say, “eighty percent less fat,” in a form dedicated to the ketogenic lifestyle.

(Jeff K) #18

Hi Ethan,

It’s 70-80% quantity of oil reduced compared to the quantity needed in case of a deep fryer. :slight_smile:

(Ethan) #19

Exactly! We like oil! We NEED the fat .

(Amber) #20

It totally does but I guess considering what most people (my boyfriend included) fry food in an air fryer might be a good option. Also good for those like me who are scared ishless of popping oil.
Plus whatever is fried can be dipped into a fatty sauce after I would think.