Again with the carb cycling - right or wrong?

(Bunny) #17

You did not do it correctly or you did not do it long enough, it does in-fact work or you could not be human or your just too biased to do it right? Or what your already doing is masking the effect ( …I see no difference?)

Hundreds of thousands of peeps besides myself have been doing it since ancient times, most of problem is eating those nasty industrialized highly processed refined foods at three meals a day?..

”…Studies​​ show that resistant starch can reduce the glycemic (blood sugar) response to foods when it substitutes for flour or other high glycemic carbs in food; that it can reduce the glycemic response to a subsequent meal; increase insulin sensitivity; and enhance first-phase insulin secretion from the pancreas, said Witwer…”

”…Studies also show that resistant starch has prebiotic effects in that it promotes the growth of beneficial bacteria in the gut​, and reduces the prevalence and growth of potentially harmful bacteria. It also reduces intestinal pH (a key biomarker for colon health), reduces inflammation, and increases the production of beneficial short chain fatty acids such as butyrate. A growing body of research also suggests it helps maintain the integrity of the intestinal mucosal barrier, triggers beneficial changes in gene expression, and tackles diarrhea, she said.

Finally on the weight management front, research​ shows that resistant starch can increase insulin sensitivity (the more insulin you need to produce to keep blood sugar under control, the harder it can be to control your weight). Studies also show it can increase fat burning, reduce hunger (by increasing satiety), reduce the caloric density of foods when used to replace regular flour, and reduce body fat. …” Jun 11, 2019 - Resistant starch… unsung hero?

(bulkbiker) #18

Ah the vegan argument…

(bulkbiker) #19

Can not will…

(Bunny) #20

Just to remind you and assist with your short term and long term memory or momentary lapse of reasoning; as stated before I”m not a “vegan“ or “vegetarian” I’m making objective observations on scientifically valid points about how Resistant Starch is Ketogenic.

You do not be on a ketogenic diet to have a ketogenic metabolism. All metabolically fit people are naturally ketogenic not artificially induced through diet ketogenic.

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #21

Bottom line. There is no essential carbohydrate. There is no minimum carbohydrate consumption above zero. There is no carbohydrate deficiency disease. Gluconeogenesis synthesizes all the sugar (glucose) we need so there is zero need to eat it. It’s a choice, like ethanol.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) split this topic #22

A post was merged into an existing topic: Resistant starch - left the carnivore thread

(Bunny) #23

Really sick and tired of admins moving my posts when there is no reason to do so and obscure the conversation from reaching any meaningful debate?

Just another example of Wolves guarding the House?

Just name it the carnivore forums and be done with it, never advertise something that it is not?

Eating meat and fat is not the only thing that is ketogenic?

This is not a Ketogenic Forum?

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #24

What’s your beef? I’ve challenged you multiple times to name even a single example of an essential carbohydrate. You haven’t because there is none and you know it. Your hand waving about resistant starch counts for nothing. Incidently, I eat red palm oil, coconut oil, MCT oil, cacao butter, olive oil and avocado oil. I also eat olives, avocados and bok choy. I eat a lot of fish, eggs and dairy. I eat only incidental amounts of carbs associated with good sources of fats and proteins. I’m not a carnivore. I eat keto. Sans carbs.

(Bunny) #25

Do you even read anything?

You don’t distinguish anything your pointing out:

Where your failing in your observations is carbohydrates or more specifically sugars/starches that digestible to the human body, yes we see that?

Hello, waving arms YES we see that?

I’ve already debunked your personal et al. hypothesis or theory on that?

The human body does in-fact require undigestible carbohydrates as an essential nutrient.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #26

Please put resistant starch posts in the resistant starch thread. It’s why we created the thread, after all.

P.S.–I read a lot, and my understanding from my reading is that there is no such thing as an essential carbohydrate, because the liver is perfectly capable of manufacturing what little glucose the body actually needs. Except for sugar, carbohydrates are nothing but combinations of glucose molecules.

(Bunny) #27

And throw the rest of your health out the window just because the liver makes glucose? :slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face::joy::rofl::joy:

As stated above to Michael that’s not what I’m talking about, I’m talking about carbohydrates/ sugar/startches not meant for the human part of our body, your talking about the kind that make us metabolically unstable and yes I see that and that is perfectly understandable.

We can pretend that our microbiome does not exist and wonder why we gained all the weight back even doing strict keto?

And why resistant starch is an essential nutrient to that part of microbes that is attached to our human DNA that keeps us alive and is a big chunk of our immune system?

All roads lead back to Resistant Starch so it is hard not to mention it in other posts.

(bulkbiker) #28

The vegan argument is “you must have been doing it wrong” (usually used against vegans who quit) which oddly is exactly what you said…

Sorry you didn’t understand.

(bulkbiker) #29

Who’s the “we” here? You?

(Ken) #30

There is a considerable difference between the terms “Essential” and "Optimal.

The religious demonization of carbs is outright nutty, especially considering some people are currently in long term Stalls, yet they keep jabbing the ol’ stick into their eye.

Experiments with carbs for metabolic purposes are very reasonable, despite what others say. As long as you don’t chronically overcompensate Glycogen you have no danger of gaining fat or losing adaptations.

People who have never seriously tried carb cycling are not really the folks you want to listen to about the concept, but everyone is entitled.to their opinion.

(Bunny) #31

I would like one person to show me where it states in the scientific literature …that undigestible carbohydrates are not necessary?

And then I’m going show you the how and why, they and you, are wrong and how your interpretation of what they are actually saying is wrong?

Where it states “carbohydrates“ in the sense they “…are not necessary…” is true to a certain extent but they are talking about the refined carbohydrates and simple carbohydrates because such a person making said statement may not fully understand the difference between complex carbohydrates and simple carbohydrates so you then get people parroting untested hypothetical statements that are later being regarded as fact because a few people who only eat meat had some good results (short term) and very deadly results (long-term; 20 years later?) from what I have seen, so we have no idea that “…undigestible carbs are not necessary…” the science is pointing in the opposite direction of such hypothetical theories?

Instead of parroting other people please explain how “undigestible carbohydrates are not necessary?” Show me the scientific literature and if you cannot maybe the dog ate it? Maybe it’s under the bed? Maybe it got lost in last weeks trash?

(Ron) #32

Or maybe it’s the same place as your example of an essential carbohydrate?

Still riding that high horse I see! Your interpretation is gospel and everyone else is wrong. Wow.

(bulkbiker) #33

The “My science is the right science” method?

(bulkbiker) #34

Or you could maybe answer the question I asked… ?

(Bunny) #35

Evading my challenge with a few sentences does not cut it my friends.

Show me where it states “…carbohydrates are not necessary?..” Then show me where it states “…undigestible carbohydrates are not necessary?..” All instances in any literature?

Are we just trying to sustain human life (survival) or are we trying to sustain human health (longevity)? In the sense “. …something is not necessary?..”

Are you really going to let me WIN this argument, debate and challenge?

(bulkbiker) #36

@PaulL has already answered it.
We don’t need to justify ourselves.