ACV & Magnesium Citrate

(Todd Allen) #21

Both citrate and acetic acid are metabolized by the body and provide energy that is to say they are sources of calories. But fairly trace amounts considering the quantities of each you are likely to consume. Some believe purity in fasting matters but I think it is silly to let perfection get in the way of good enough.

(Susan) #22

I take bother ACV and Mag Citrate daily -but in pill form, as I cannot stand the taste.

This Sandman song has been used in so many horror movies that nowā€¦I canā€™t comfortably listen to it :smile:

Good point. I think even black coffee and tea kinda have trace calories (not sure if Iā€™m right on this). I guess I just want to be sure the white powder is not some terrible hidden carb calories but so far, it seems itā€™s either none/trace.

My magnesium supplement (natural calm powder) is actually virtually tasteless. Once it fizzed, I just gulped it down.

ACV on the other handā€¦letā€™s just say I think of the benefits when drinking it.

(Todd Allen) #26

I expect both tea and coffee have a fraction of a calorie. Citrate I think is fairly high by comparison, something like 3 calories per gram versus the 4 calories per gram of carbs and protein. Still I doubt a couple grams of citrate would have a measurable impact on the results of a fast.

Good lordy. Why didnā€™t anyone tell magnesium citrate makes you pee this much. I took half a teaspoon over the past few days and itā€™s just been waterworks. I would have continued using it (as it does make me very relaxed) if it didnā€™t make me go like 3-4 times in the middle of the night. My precious electrolytes are just being peed out. Lol. Iā€™m going to try to get as much Mag as I can from diet and see how it goes.

The ACV however is definitely a staple for me now. Really sorted out my digestion issues.