About this tingly sensation

Well… whenever I enter ketosis and as long as I am in that metabolic state my whole body “tingles”.
It’s a warm sensation and it feels like I’m surrounded by cotton wool.
I’m usually not aware of that feeling, only when directly thinking about it.

I take care of my electrolytes and vitamins, so that won’t be a problem.
I in general take vergy good care of my health.

But I still don’t get what it is.
The higher my blood ketone levels, the stronger this euphoric sensation gets.
And no, it does not go away.
It’s there, even after months.

(Jay AM) #2

How much salt would you say you’re getting? Potassium? Magnesium?

6g sodium, 4g potassium and 400 - 600mg magnesium per day.
That’s what my body absorbs.

(Jay AM) #4

A few people talk about tingling and also buzzing. But, it’s kind of like keto rash. People aren’t quite sure what causes it though, potassium and sodium are 2 things discussed due to nerve involvement. You could attempt to raise or lower sodium or potassium and see if it has an effect.

(Ron) #5

I think that I experienced what you are describing and my resolution was to lower potassium amount. 4g could be pretty high depending on how much your getting in your your diet. I was trying to hit the recommended amount of 4700mg and had to cut back about 1200mg. Tingling went away.

(Pete Nowakowski) #6

I also feel the tingling sensation while in Keto…in the past I would feel the tingling after long work outs so I just associate it with fat burn

(Bunny) #7

Could be a B vitamin deficiency or you gut bugs are starving to death, then you start feeling not so well like your going to pass out maybe some dry heaving, that’s what happened to me eventually with time so I had to incorporate some resistant starch into the dietary regimen, thing is you can go to the hospital like I did and they won’t find anything wrong with you, because they do not care about your percentage of gut bugs that you killed off that are now making you feel ill because the other gut bugs have now taken over.

Old post but commented anyway!