A1cnow

While my kids never needed it, most dermatologists will prescribe accutane and recommend it. Couple of good friends have had their kids on it and are happy with the results. There are very strict rules on birth control and pregnancy tests for high school and college age females but if you have decent insurance they will prescribe it and monitor you. Friend’s kid had good results and her uncle is a dermatologist and was in favor (he is not her dermatologist)

As for saying he is not “permitted” I would probably question my doctor and ask by whom and why

Yes it is crazy but I have crappy insurance yet our kid’s nutritionist is paid 100%. If I get a splinter removed it costs $75 so its crazy that this costs nothing. They label the nutritionist preventative. This is someone who keeps telling my kid to eat breakfast so I am not sure what she is preventing! She is a nice lady but I disagree with a lot of her advice but my kid is legally an adult

If you are high enough to require insulin and other meds, insurance will pay. My last A1c was 6.4. I think that is definitely diabetic, yet with that score my insurance will only pay for 1 test strip a day. As I am on no other medications, I’ll never reach my deductible so everything is out of pocket.