A Big KETOthanks to all of you!

(*Rusty* Instagram: @Rustyk61) #1

This week I passed my 60th day of the Keto lifestyle. I’ve been ridiculed and made fun of for my food choices and still to this day have not had more than 20g of carbs on any given day during those past 60 days. I’ve had several NSV’s such as going down 2 pant sizes and stellar medical results from blood work to a great report from a colonoscopy. My main goal is not to lose weight (that is a great benefit) but to increase my long term health. I am one of those that has cardiac problems since I was in my 20’s, which also included a MI at the age of 28. I’m now 56 years YOUNG, and I feel wonderful. NOW the reason for this post…Each and everyone of you has made my past 60 days entertaining and educational. And I appreciate it from the bottom of my heart. I love you all and THANK YOU

(Doodler for @KetoKailey) #2

Congratulations on this milestone! I’m a couple of weeks behind you and super excited!

(VLC.MD) #3

Keep up the fantastic work !

(KCKO, KCFO) #4

Glad you are getting such great results.

And yes, the forum members here are awesome and loved by me as well. So thoughtful and kind and knowledgeable. No other forum I have been on equals this one. And I have been on LOTS of forums.

@rustyk61 you are an inspiration! Keep doing what you are doing. :blue_heart:

(Jen ) #6

What an inspiration! Thanks for sharing!

(Darlene Horsley) #7

It is posts like these that keep me inspired! Congratulations on all your hard work.

What a kind and thoughtful post…Congratulations at all that you have achieved.

(Mel Soule) #9

Well done, sounds like you are making this strategy work very well. Thanks for posting and being an inspiration to us all. KCKO

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #10

Yay! Keep up the good work. And to celebrate: :bacon: :bacon: :bacon:

(Caio Braga) #11

What a great achievement! Keto is about lifestyle!

(Teeunya Na Na Harrison) #12

Great job!!

Thanks for the update, and congratulations! Did you have some issues with a previous colonoscopy that were resolved? Just wondered since I’m trying to reduce intestinal inflammation after some recent diverticulitis attacks. Thanks!

(*Rusty* Instagram: @Rustyk61) #14

I did have some inflammation also on my last one. And have had some problems with celiac (sp). It’s common knowledge that if one eliminates grains from your diet that the celiac problems diminish. Please keep in mind that I have no science to base my results on but hey, I know I’ve felt 100% better eating KETO and all of my intestinal issues have gone away.

I hope this helps you @CSue

(Consensus is Politics) #15

AWESOME SAUCE! with a little :bacon:

FYI: The documentary on netflix called “What’s With Wheat” talks about celiac’s a lot. Especially how little glutten is required to cause near instant flare ups. To make matters worse, how much food it can be found in, even food that has nothing to do with wheat. Not to mention makeup.

(*Rusty* Instagram: @Rustyk61) #16

I need to watch that.

(CharleyD) #17

I’d recommend Wheat Belly and Grain Brain books as well for the whole picture on gluten and inflammation.

(Milton Alvis, MD) #18

Be sure to optimize your NMR lipoproteins. Optimal Keto will greatly help yet these are crucial for optimal prevention of arterial disease (starting in childhood) so as to prevent plaque ruptures leading to clots and resulting arterial blood flow problems.

(Cheryl) #19

Fantastic. Improved health is my purpose. Congratulations on an incredible about turn on yours especially in the face of such ridicule. Well done!

(*Rusty* Instagram: @Rustyk61) #20

UPDATE: Tomorrow marks my 80th day of this WOE. I think I’m more excited now than I was the first day. I really do enjoy learning not only how to eat but how my body functions and reacts to what I put in my mouth. So much positive!!! Also, at 80 days I still consider myself a newbie with a long way to go. And I’m gonna have to buy new clothes in the near future.