6 Weeks in! Life changer!

(Tim) #1

So, I’ve been a big guy my entire life. I’m pulling the car up close to 40, and something needs to change. I’ve done numerous diets with little success in the past. Several years ago I did a caloric restrictive diet and lost 50+lbs in a couple of months on 500cal a day. I felt good body wise, but felt like I was going to die almost everyday from a hunger perspective. It was low carb, but, it was harsh! It took 4x less time to put that weight back on once I stopped. I basically gave up after that. NOTHING WAS GOING TO WORK!

I had never heard of keto prior to May '17. One of my wife’s Facebook friends started it and she added us to a group page and I started watching. WHAT KIND OF EVIL SORCERY IS THIS??? Fat, fat and more fat? Salt? Bread, Pizza, meat, eggs and BACON??? Deliciousness? Obviously this is the devils plan, right?

I didn’t do any pre-keto blood panels, and honestly, I’m kind of kicking myself to watch the journey. I didn’t have T2D, but, it is in my family history and being so heavy, I know I was likely on the cliff waiting to go over.

I started honestly on June 1st at exactly 399 by our home scale. I almost cry when I see that weight. Seriously disappointed in that in my life, but it’s behind me forever now. It took less than a week to get into ketosis and I was excited! But the big question is how will I know when I’m fat adapted? The 2KetoDudes podcast, I’m pretty sure, has honestly saved my life. The science and explanations you two share and support makes all of this crazy simple to understand and confirm too. You said you’ll just know. I thought, “what the hell does that mean”? I woke up on a Saturday 4 weeks in and thought “holy $#!t, I feel different today”. I wasn’t hungry, my stomach wasn’t empty, I just knew…

5 weeks in I tried my first fast. 24hrs. I was shocked and amazed how un-hungry I was the entire time. What? This is just crazy. Going 5-6 hours between meals was barely tolerable before… 24hrs? What!!!

So, I’m now 6 weeks in as I write this. I’m down 25lbs to which I’ve had a very weird loss pattern that I can’t really explain, but, it’s working so who cares right now. My shirts fit better, I’ve had to use belt holes that I’ve never seen before. I’m 37hrs into my first 72hr fast and I haven’t been hungry once. Now, it’s not a zero cal fast as I’ve had 12oz of coffee with 2 tbsp. of HWC in it each of the fasting mornings, but outside of that, it’s been TONS of water, most without, but some with MIO and then a pinch of salt under the tongue when I feel I need it. I dropped 6 lbs in the 24hr span and 5 overnight (7to7). Sorcery I tell you!

I made keto bread, carlshead pizza, smoked an 18lb brisket, eggs, bacon, lettuce cup taco’s, lots of fats and ate chocolate/almond butter whipped cream this weekend to feast. What I can’t understand is how anyone can feel any sense of food depravity in this WOE. AND I’M GETTING HEALTHY! What?!?!?!

Thank you to all of you who share and support on here and in some of the Facebook pages. Every little bit helps those like me who are rudderless in health and need help in direction.

I know they don’t like accolades, but honestly, and I feel this to the core in my healthier heart, the 2KetoDudes have saved my life. If it’s happened to me, I can guarantee that there are many many more like me who feel the same. Thank you Carl and Richard. You are both amazing and you’ve blessed us all!

Keep calm and keto on - I know I will be forever!

P.S. - I should have stated somewhere up there that I don’t do doctors unless I’m on deaths doorstep. I’ve always been ashamed of my weight and I didn’t want to hear their continual preaching about how overweight I am. Their programs, in general, don’t work. I was on deaths doorstep the summer of 2014 when my gallbladder tried to absolutely kill me! I thought I was going to die. But I didn’t and I got that sucker cut out FAST! I need to find a really good GP or Naturopathic Dr. locally here that will work with me in my quest for optimal health and to track my progress. This is an ongoing project!

(Ren) #2

Great job and keep up the good work!

(Cheryl Hall) #3

@tdsm

I love hearing stories like this!!! I can feel your excitement and gratitude – it’s amazing!!! Great Job!

(Paula Green) #4

Great story - love your positivity. Keep up the good work and keep us posted on your progress.

(Tim) #5

72hr fast completed… How amazing. Wasn’t really hungry at any point during the fast. Totally adding this in again on a monthly basis.

(Tim) #6

I weighed in this morning. So, roughly 80hrs after starting the fast. 10lbs off the body… I broke the fast last night with about 1.5 cups of caprese salad with cado, 1oz of Brie and 2 pieces of bacon (mmm, still dripping with fat!) and my body still continued to consume itself overnight as I slept.

I’m hooked ya’ll. To the WOE, the fasting, the recipes, the information, the health benefits - absolutely EVERYTHING!

KC&KO

(Kathleen Lupole) #7

Wonderful account of your journey! Thank you for sharing.

(Tim) #8

So, I’ve stalled a bit. At 7 weeks, I turned lazy keto because “I know it all” now. I’m 21hrs into my second 72hr that I’ve turned into a monthly maintenance protocol. I fell out of ketosis somehow last week. I usually strip test every day or every other day depending on what I eat. I didn’t east/drink anything out of the ordinary since I started except I took a vitamin packet that I know had a small volume of carbs (but I was conscious the balance of the day) & also, we made keto ice cream with some SF chocolate chips that had Maltitol in them (discovered after the fact after out of ketosis). So, I’m back in for three days per the strips and trying the fast again. I’m doing good hunger wise in day one, we’ll see how long I can hold out.

I’ve been pretty flat in the weight loss realm after the fast I did 2+ weeks ago. I have actually gained 3 back, which I attribute to fluids. I don’t feel you ever start at zero.