50 grams of carbs on OMAD

keto
omad

(KM) #21

That’s a lot of memories! I find people’s stories so fascinating, sometimes I think I come here more for the sharing of unique experiences than the diet support. :slightly_smiling_face:

Wow, Turbo Pascal, that takes me back to high school computer science. That was also my second programming language after BASIC.

I definitely find that experience on this forum very valuable…

And I forgot about Japanese. Too much anime, always subbed, I picked up a lot…
Now I hear a lot of Chinese and I am pretty confident I won’t pick up much. It’s so crazy, I love the pronounciation but that’s worse than French (no idea how to pronounce French, I tried and failed. English only took me 2 months. German was instant as we have them all. some Hungarian folk songs use a special “e” between our two normal ones, e and é, it has 2 dots on top and pronounced in-between. it’s harder that sounds but not very much, a little practice helps a lot)…! I can’t even recognize names most of the time as the pronounciation has little to do with the written version (in Latin script, of course, I don’t know many kanjis. if that is the plural. I picked up some due to Japanese, I obviously got curious at some point… so I recognize “fire”, “woman” and other basic ones).

I find arabic letters extremely pretty, highly decorative, I don’t know those at all.
Once I started to learn shorthand as Mom had a textbook…
I started to learn our… Runic writing? But lost the textbook. But it’s just the alphabet so I should do it already… I only see it on the signs with the name of the villages nearby, at some point they decided to resurrect it… (And now I started to google and have found a lot of things I had no idea about the whole things. Some political groups are very big on it and I didn’t even know it’s from right to the left… my bad. but I never ever needed it and never saw in my first decades of life I think).

Memories keep coming back but I felt a bit bad before this comment already so I stop now. But it’s highly interesting to take a peek at very different writing systems :slight_smile: