5 Pounds of Body Fat

(Pete A) #1

images%20(1)

Be good to yourself. :heart:

(Bunny) #2

…or 5 pounds of warm water?

References:

[1] “…The amount of water weight your body stores can vary a lot, but the average person carries one to five pounds, Clayton says; athletes (or anyone training at least 90 minutes a day) can train their bodies to stash away double that (a good thing, he notes, because they’ll use it the next day). …” …More

[2] Is a Hot Object Heavier Than a Cold One? YES “…If you have absolutely identical objects that have the same weight exactly when they are at the same temperature, then when one object is heated, it will weigh more. This is because the gravitational force depends on the stress energy tensor in general relativity. The stress energy tensor 00 component is the total energy of the body, which includes the rest mass plus the kinetic energy of the object. Temperature differences means that there is a different amount of kinetic energy in the motion of the atoms of the two bodies. …” - Answer by Frank Heile, Physicist, Software Engineer, Consciousness Theory

(Pete A) #3

I dont know what 5 pounds of water weight looks like.

(Central Florida Bob ) #4

One gallon of water weighs 8 pounds, so two pounds per quart and one in a pint. That says 5 pounds is two quarts and a pint.

Thinking of two quart and pint milk cartons doesn’t help me visualize it at all, but I hope it’s helpful to somebody!

(Pete A) #5

Excellent info, thank you!

(Pete A) #6

So wow cool this is what 8 pounds of water weight looks like.

The fat is bulkier eh?

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #7

Fat is definitely more buoyant than water, though water is not as dense as muscle.