3 weeks on carnivore “no results”!

(Desdarde ) #21

Hi there!
I hit my one month of carnivore few days ago and guess what, I have gained weight instead of losing it!
Just like you when I stepped on the scale I felt like throwing the diet out of the window but I stuck with it because I don’t need to use any painkillers on daily basis thanks to this diet.
I want to encourage you to keep going. It takes a long time for the body to adapt into new things and who knows what kind of repairing action it needs to do before it can start letting go of any extra. I hit my scale to the storage and I will not touch as the numbers on that wretched thing are nothing but depressing.
Have you noticed any increased energy levels? Mood? Apetite? Feeling stronger?

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #22

An initial gain when starting carnivore is not uncommon. By all accounts, weight drops again in another month or two.

(Randy Ward) #23

So, wanted to give you all an update. I just received results from genetic testing I was having done. They found pathogenic Congenital Myasthenic Syndrome subtype COQL 5. It involves deletions of genes that handle acytelcholamine (sp?) and collagen. I don’t know the details and how it impacts how my body handles food etc yet. So, yeah I’m stuck in limbo. For now I’m going to stick with the healthy keto diet until I get more info on what this all means.

Thanks to all of you for your encouragement.

(Robin) #24

Wow, that’s a lot to digest! I’m sure a lot of folks on here are looking this up right now!
Hang in there!

I totally get how frustrating it can be when you’re putting in the effort but not seeing the desired results. Weight loss journeys can vary for each individual, and sometimes it takes time for our bodies to adjust to new diets and routines.

It takes months.

Maybe, I dunno,…forget about diets for a few minutes, and eat what you want bearing in mind the consequenses.

Where do you want to be?

What can you handle eating, because this isn’t a starvo regime, it’s a keto regime.

Sort your own head out first.