3 month results

It’s fair to say that low carb has worked very very well for me.
I’ve not really posted much here in the last couple of months, but was here a lot during my first month and found everyone’s help and encouragement pivotal.

I have lost 2 stone in 3 months which I didn’t think possible.
However, for the last 2 months I have been doing a lot of strength training, and I fit in to the old clothes I had kept back from my youth. So I have probably lost more than 2 stone in fat.
I am enjoying life way more now.
I have even been able to earn more money at work. Because I sleep so much better and I have more energy, I am earning 3 hours overtime every day by coming in early, and working through my lunch hour. That has really helpped us out.

I now understand what people mean by having mental clarity.
I have more time for the kids and can now actually follow what my 5 year old is talking about when he waffles on for THE LONGEST SENTENCE EVER about a youtube video he has been watching.

I have found my temper gets away with me a little more than it used to. Maybe the me talk clarity, is also making my mind work faster, or making working out a lot has risen my testosterone. My wife is very snappy at the best of times, and I have been snapping back quite a bit recently and regreting it after.

One thing that has been wonderful, is that I am no longer pushing crappy food on my kids when we go out. I used to insist we fins somewhere ‘propper’ to eat because I needed to eat a ‘propper’ meal. Now, if we are out in town, I am happy to grab a pack of ham or turkey. It saves so much time and money.

Lasty… sorry… just one last thing I was to boast about. Last weekend I got all my old clothes down from the loft. I was a 40inch waist in June, bit I can now fit into my old 34inch waist trousers.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #2

These are all excellent non-scale victories, in addition to the change in the number on your scale. Congratulations!

(Robin) #3

Posts like these are so important! Way to go and thanks for the confirmation and inspiration.

Wow it’s a wonderful success story! I am happy for you! :slight_smile:

(Rebecca ) #5

Very inspiring testimony! Well done!

(Bob M) #6

Congratulations!

YUP!!!

That’s insane in 3mo dude! Congrats!

(Shawn Patrick Malone) #8

Great work! You are very inspiring!

(Laurie) #9

Wonderful! Thank you for posting.

Great that you’re aware of the temper thing. Sounds like you’re able to deal with it.