3 day cholesterol test - Fingerprick testing

cholesterol

(Frank Roberts) #1

I’ve been LCHF for several years. Glucose is in 80-90 mg/dl range since about 3 months after starting in 2016. I was at local farmer’s market and local hospital was doing free BP check. They gave out coupon for free glucose / cholesterol screening at their nearby lab. My last cholesterol test was lipid panel (blood drawn), Total: 288 mg/dl, Trig: 77 mg/dl, HDL: 88 mg/dl, LDL Direct 185 mg/dl from 11/08. I’ve tried the Dave Feldman Cholesterol Hack for last 3 days after I heard on 2KG podcast, but is the actual test worth my time (I’m now thinking that it will just be fingerprick test and will probably be only glucose / total cholesterol). I check my glucose at home so I’m not concerned about that.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #2

Dave says that a good trig/HDL ratio practically guarantees that LDL will be the healthy Pattern A, and your ratio is below 1.0, where anything below 2.0 is considered low risk for cardiovascular disease. I hardly think you need to test, though it might be fun, if you’re curious about the result.