2nd Crack At 120hrs

(Straight outta ‘Straya’) #1

Big meal window (2700 kcals) last night, heavy on fats but unfortunately also about 2+ grams protein per kilo of lean body mass.

But that was intended.

Last time I tried a 5 day EF I did days 1-4 in reasonable form but day 5 was HARD and I fell slightly short of the finishing line at 116 hrs.

I’m going in again. Again I am looking for Autophagy (it’s really my main goal) but I am curious about a) weight lost during fast and weight gained a week after as well and finally just to mess with my metabolism so it doesn’t get in a rut (went from 16/8 recently to 20/4).

I do intend to heavily exercise on days 1,3 and 5 as well and see the effects. Last time 1 was fine, 3 I SMASHED it and 5 was very poor performance.

See you on the other side.

(Candy Lind) #2

Come on over to THE MAY FASTING SUPPORT THREAD If you feel like chatting.

(Straight outta ‘Straya’) #3

Bugger!

I have bursitis in both shoulders. The right one is worse obviously but my body weight exercises are a no go for a few weeks.

I may switch it up to some Chinese breathing/stretching movements I know after next week but this week is exercise free.

Walking is an option but my plantar facitis flares up if I do it too much.

Currently looking up shoulder strengthening exercises to help after the inflammation dies down a bit

(Doug) #4

Sounds great, AH - 5 days is a real sweet spot for fasting, on the basis of autophagy (from what I’ve read, and acknowledging that human autophagy is a woefully-understudied subject as yet). Even for a 5 day fast, I think that it’s usually mostly water weight that is lost. 0.2 to 0.4 kg per day of fat lost, perhaps? The water is regained after the fast, but in my experience the fat does not come back unless you really overdo the eating.

(Straight outta ‘Straya’) #5

Last month I lost 5 kg on the water fast. At the end of the month I’d lost 4kg overall but in that month I KNOW I added a fair whack of muscle as well so it may have worked

(Straight outta ‘Straya’) #6

Even worse than I thought.

Right shoulder cuff partial tear, plus tendinitis. Left shoulder bursitis and tendinitis.

Looking for that sweet sweet Autophagy to help out a little.

(Straight outta ‘Straya’) #7

Day 3 and I’m feeling… meh. A bit shaky in the stomach.

Come on Autophagy

(Straight outta ‘Straya’) #8

Day 4 here. Slight derailment.

Customer asked to me taste the soda out of the machine cause it tasted watery. I did without thinking (bartender). So end result is I had maybe 10-15mls of sprite.

I was tempted to call it a day cause I am after Autophagy primarily but thought I may as well keep going.

(Straight outta ‘Straya’) #9

Day 4 still. Have no issues so far but I am getting all round droopier. I am trying to build muscle but walking aside, this week am taking it easy to heal… normally I’d be smashing out laps in the pool or doing Bodyweight calisthenics and firming up.

Oh well. There is always next week and it’s a marathon not a sprint.

(Straight outta ‘Straya’) #10

And ended around 96-97 or so.

I keep my fasting to myself as a rule.

Today my daughter decided to have an impromptu cooking class… and set my stomach to going nuts.

I just figured it was time to wrap it up.

No regrets and it’s just another landing zone towards getting to 5 or 7 days in the future.