28 day fast

fasting
extendedfast
fastingwomen

(adaa1d88e035db350edb) #1

Hi all.

So I did a fast a few months back and had to cut it short on day 6/7 after some issues. My GP told me what I was doing was just dangerous and silly. Which I don’t really agree. It’s hard to find a GP where i live that will monitor my fast but I’ve done a few of theses before at 28days and I had a 2 week keto refeed and when back into another 28 day fast with no problems. My cholesterol ended up being better and I didn’t have to take my meds anymore. Go figure.

So I’m going for this 28 day fast alone. Starting at 241.6lbs. I did a smaller fast last month for 2 weeks at 252lbs and it got me down to 240 and kept me off the sugar and booze. So I’d like to get back into it.

hoping to update every few days.
Starting weight day 1 = 241.6lbs

(Alec) #2

Good on you! But take care. Pls remember the golden rule of fasting: if you are not feeling well, end the fast. Don’t try to push through. You always have another day!

What are your primary objectives? Just weight loss or do you want some autophagy as well? What’s your electrolytes plan? Are you a bone broth guy?
Cheers
Alec

(adaa1d88e035db350edb) #3

Weight loss and autophagy would both be great. Last year I was a pretty heavy drinker and the start of this year I didn’t change much except for when I was fasting. I’m hoping the fast keeps me off the booze and helps me heal up a little of the damage I may have done. Weight loss is also something I really need to get a hold on. My knees aren’t doing to well at my current weight. I’m only 5’2 so I’m not in good shape at all. My cholesterol was high but after fasting and keto, I got it low enough to not need medication any more.

I’ve got some pink Himalayan salt, Apple cider vinegar and cream of tar tar (Potassium). I’m planning to have 1tbs of Himalayan salt, 1tbs Apple cider vinegar per day and only 1/4 a tps of cream of tar tar every 3 or 4 days.

(Alec) #4

Sounds good! One key point on cholesterol (worth reading the cholesterol section in these forums) is that the diet heart hypothesis that was the basis of the demonisation of cholesterol has been thoroughly debunked. My strong advice is to not go back on cholesterol lowering drugs.

Look forward to hearing from you on your journey!

(adaa1d88e035db350edb) #5

Day 2 = 241.1lbs
Day 3 = 240.5lbs
Day 4 = 239.4lbs

Feelin pretty good. Acid reflux is terrible though so I might try to drink a little more water.

Dangerous indeed. :thinking:

Congratulations on your progress!

(adaa1d88e035db350edb) #7

Day 2 = 241.1lbs
Day 3 = 240.5lbs
Day 4 = 239.4lbs
Day 5 = 238.2lbs
Day 6 = 237.8lbs
Day 7 = 236.4lbs
Day 8 = 236lbs
Day 9 = 235.8lbs

Feeling good. My backs been a little sore though. I feel like I could go further but i’m only 1/3 way in. =)