1st month in, a little frustrated

(Ellie) #62

By the way, have you listened to the obesity code podcast episode on 2ketodudes? That helped me understand why metabolism goes up even though it seems counter intuitive.

(Doug) #63

Icky, I think that all or almost all the weight regain is water. The most that the majority of us will lose when fasting is ~ a half pound or .25kg of fat per day. When eating after a fast, I don’t believe that many people at all eat enough that they regain all that fat, if any at all is regained.

Normal weight fluctuations, day-by-day, will often be multiple pounds, related to the intake of salt and other electrolytes, and to hormonal cycles. This will absolutely swamp the effects of fat loss or gain (again, from day-to-day). I’ve done about 20 fasts of 3 days or longer, and I lose a little fat each time. My weight will go down 5 or 10 lbs. then back up again 3 to 7 lbs. So I’m left with 2 or 3 lbs. fat loss, maybe a little more if it’s a long fast - 10 days is my longest.

(Championsidewinder) #64

I am frustrated too, but because I was chatting with a guy about my keto issues and then your stupid system or site cuts me off saying I cannot text anymore till the next day, and now I can’t find that same guy now on your huge site that I was talking to, you need to change that crap, we had such a nice conversation going until you cut me off. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

(Ellie) #65

There are restrictions for new users.
The person you seemed to be talking to on a thread about high blood pressure was @mtncntrykid. It isn’t really the right place to make a complaint about the function of the site on someone else’s thread.

(LeeAnn Brooks) #66

Yes, that’s my understand too.

(Sarah Bruhn) #67

For me and hopefully for you too this WOE has had a massive healing effect on me psychologically- as you adapt to fat you will feel your hunger fade… then you will realise it was never really your fault, it really was your body reacting to carbohydrates and starvation, you will feel in control for the first time, you will understand that fat is your friend- healing salve and vital nutrient, you will forgive yourself for thinking that torturing your body was the answer.
This is a good journey. This fat fear is worth concuring.
You may even learn to love your body as it responds to keto, and realise how wise it is and how much it is trying to look after you. KCKO

Thank you so much for that. I would love to be friends with body one day, we’ve been enemies for such a long time.

(Sarah Bruhn) #69

One of the non-scale victories we least talk about is this exact issue. We sit around hating our bodies cursing it for not droping weight and punishing it but on keto we learn to trust it.
What an amazing outcome, imagine feeling that way about your body! Keto is about healing, Keto isn’t always fast but it is deep. Be patient :slight_smile:

(LeeAnn Brooks) #70

Beautifully stated. It is an emotionally transformative process. Perhaps even more than a physically transformative process.

(Chris Robertson) #71

Dr Fung says multiple times in The Obesity Code that after your body realizes it has an alternative fuel source (stored fat) the body will raise your resting metabolism when fasting.

(Championsidewinder) #72

Restrictions are stupid, when we all are just trying to find out what’s going on with our bodies doing keto, then get cut off and not able to find that person again or have no idea where to complain about the restrictions, so that’s why I am texting here because this stupid site is a confusing mess, sorry but am going to leave this site because trying use it sucks

(LeeAnn Brooks) #73

There’s a category called Site Feedback.

I believe that is where you should post your grievances.

(Championsidewinder) #74

Ok well I don’t need to go there to know the site sucks, hell I can’t even figure out how to leave or quit this crap lol

(LeeAnn Brooks) #75

I’m confused. If you don’t want to participate, just stop responding.

(Doug) #76

They should go away really fast, however. It really doesn’t take long before those posting restrictions are lifted:

(Amanda) #77

Loved this! I never knew how to explain the “knock offs” to my friends who want me to make food “like they have”.

Awesome!

Update and question. I’ve been doing very good ramping up my calories, even though it’s been very hard. Eating Keto keeps me pretty full. I’ve stayed off the scale and definitely feel the weight has come back, which is depressing. I’ve gotten rid of everything carb in the house so my husband is losing weight even though he isn’t really trying to diet, he’s still drinking sweet tea and snacking at work, you can add another level of frustration to that. It’s scary not knowing how much more weight I’ll gain before it kicks in.
So my question is, I’ve stopped doing the keto sticks since it was more than likely reading my lack of calories. If I use a keto stick every few days or once a week, would it start to lighten as I move out of starvation and then start to darken as I move into ketosis?

stick to it, you maybe gaining muscle mass as the visceral fat on your internal organs is being eaten away, all progress is not on the scale.

(LeeAnn Brooks) #80

The pee sticks are really only good for one thing. Telling you whether you are or are not in ketosis. They aren’t reliable enough to get much information from the color of them. As long as you’re showing pink, you’re fine.

I thought pink was not in ketosis