1 Week In

I started Keto on December 30th, 2018. It was going fine until 3 days in I started to see a rash around the top of my chest, under my neck. Since I’ve gotten the rash it has spread onto my neck and my shoulders/upperback. My stool has been watery with hard pieces. The last 3 days have been uncomfortable, I feel bloated all the time, and I can’t eat normally unless I have water to help push the food down my throat. I thought I might have been constipated, so I took some laxatives to help it pass the last two days, but the same stool passes, and not a lot of it.

During breakfast, I eat a boiled egg with 2-3 pieces of bacon and half an avocado.

Dinner always consists of either fish/shrimp or meat/poultry alongside some veggies/salad. Every meal has cheese with it.

Some days I completely skip breakfast because I never really have an appetite. I always just force food down, and it always feels like something is stuck in my throat.

Also, you didn’t read it wrong, I only have two meals a day, but most days I skip breakfast and only have 1 meal a day. I make it a rule to not eat after 6pm.

Any clues or ideas to my unique situation?

Edit 1: I’ve lost 10 pounds since I’ve started keto.

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #2

Welcome. It sounds like you’re describing keto rash. Here’s just one of many threads on the sit. You can search “keto rash” using the magnifying glass in the top right hand corner.

(Carl Keller) #3

Hello Dell-A.

Here’s an article that might help. Also, I remember a forum member saying she cut out sucralose and it seemed to cure her rash.

My sister had the same issue swallowing when she started keto. She said it felt like a lump and it was hard to swallow. Even after a lot of research she never could figure out why. I don’t have an answer for you (she has long since quit) but I just wanted to share.

I had loose stools when I started. It resolved on its own. I feel really bloated when I eat dairy…you might want to try to cut it out for a bit and see if that helps.

I wish you all the best :slight_smile:

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #5

Not sure this is relevant, but how much salt are you getting?

(Lisa ) #6

Well TIL that I had keto rash.
Go figure the doc missed that completely :sweat_smile:

Apparently most doctors have no idea what to do about it so perhaps your brain was protecting you :wink:

(Running from stupidity) #8

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

(Lisa ) #9

Yes…we will go with that :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
To be fair we are generally also pretty rubbish at noticing our own health. I walked around on a broken calcaneus (heel) for 6 weeks before getting it looked at and put in plaster. “She’ll be right” did not pay off on that occasion.

My father was a pharmacist - I don’t think I’ve ever seen him take a pill :laughing:

I don’t really measure the salt, but I only use it during dinner with meat/fish/poultry or eggs, literally sprinkling it while cooking it in Olive Oil. That’s the only time I utilize salt.