1 week in, can't sleep, night sweats, perimenopause

(Mendy) #21

Hi, i’m 49 and right there with you. I don’t really get into the natural supplements, and I’m not on hormones for my menopause, but my night sweats were so bad I tried something called black cohosh with a little Melatonin (Estroven) I ordered from Amazon. I take one every night before bed and within 8 to 10 days there was no night sweats and rarely a day sweat. I cannot stress how great this stuff works for pre-or post menopausal women.

Of course this is day three on the keto and I’m doing a little sweating at night. I hope it passes soon for you and me. :slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face: Estroven or perhaps straight Black cohosh from Whole Foods will give you a little relief.

(Amy) #22

Hi Mendy! Thanks for the tip!
This post is 4 months old. I stopped having night sweats after the first week. I think Keto sped up the menopause process, unfortunately, but at least I’m not sweating. I used to have regular cycles, now I have a light flow every 8 weeks or so. I think having lower body fat=less estrogen. I feel better in so many other ways though, that I don’t mind too much.

(Mendy) #23

Glad to hear it! This means I might have hope as well LOL. Well keep in mind the black cohosh. I tell everyone about it :grin: