Yet ANOTHER Leg Cramp Cure... But this works (Homeopathic Remedy)

(Kirk Wolak) #1

Everyone,
I get leg cramps and other cramps (including my tongue. For years)
Keto brings out some awful leg and FOOT cramps. You can see my toes twist, and tendons protrude from my foot.

Very painful. I’ve tried everything. AND to be honest, I am fine on KETO now, only occassionally cramping. But FASTING. The longer the fast… the bigger the cramps.

I am unfortunately one of the people that salt drives my BP high.

Having tried just about EVERY remedy. I Found this Homeopathic Remedy at WALMART. Here is an Amazon Link:

It worked too well. No cramping on day 3 of a 6 day fast. I did not take it that night. I got a slight cramp in the morning, I put ONE under my tongue, and the cramp resolved in about 60 seconds. NORMALLY it just keeps getting worse until I Stretch it.

I put 3 under my tongue at night. The nights I do this, I am cramp free for this fasting.
(I Broke my 6 day fast at 5 days b/c my BP was crashing). I will fast tomorrow.

But I keep it next to the bed, in case I get a cramp I can put it under my tongue.
I will update this post. But DEFINITELY WORTH a try. I cannot do Pickle Juice and such because I am carnivore, and highly reactive to lectins in pickles. This is also CHEAP by all comparisons.

If this continues to work, I will keep spares in my travel bag. I get cramps on airplanes as well (usually rib level).

OMG the fact that putting it under my tongue relieved the cramp. I purposely did not walk on it, or stretch it while waiting!

If ANYONE tries this and it works or doesn’t work. Please COMMENT. I think this may help a LOT of people!

(Dirty Lazy Keto'er, Sucralose freak ;)) #2

Ya’ know, my cramps had seemed to be worst, on Monday mornings, at the end of a 26-30 hr fast ?

But my GF gets them a lot more often, and worse than I do. I think I’ll get her some of this stuff and give it a shot.

Thank you :slight_smile:

(Kirk Wolak) #3

Try it on Sunday night for you…

And keep us posted.

Good, bad or indifferent!

Thank you for sharing this… I pray that I find this locally TOMORROW lol, I cannot seem to get my electrolytes balanced, currently fasting and salt is no cure-all for me unfortunately. It definitely gets worse with fasting… I am looking forward to giving this a try!

Update: sadly can’t try it, it contains quinine, I have a genetic blood condition and quinine is a no no, can cause issues with platelets :pensive:

(Marianne) #5

Thank you for this. Salt does seem to be doing it for me. I live in terror of a cramp turning into a knot.

(Jennifer ) #6

I thot this was a Potassium problem.
When I finally got my Potass up to Targets, mine stopped.

If you buy “Lite Salt”, it will be cut with Potassium Chloride. Which is what you need more of and less of what you don’t need. There is even a “salt” that is pure Potassium Chloride with absolutely zero sodium in it. I am using this now to meet my targets. I just couldn’t do it just swallowing pills.

My Sodium targets are met. But if my Potassium targets aren’t, I get cramps.

I use Cronometer to keep track of all this. I don’t do all that crazy math in my head anymore. I didn’t realize how far short I was falling in my Electrolytes until I used Cron.

~K-Bombs

(Kirk Wolak) #7

I appreciate this. I have to watch Sodium for BP (mine will go up).
And I use NoSalt to make my own Potassium Pills. It did not help.
It helps only in the first days of keto for me.

Extended fasting and stuff, not so much. BUT I was getting cramps long before Keto.
I have some kind of imbalance going on.

And since they are random (until after 3 days of fasting), it’s hard to test for real what’s working. Some 3-4 day fasts I don’t get anything… Hence I waited, once I get them, if I keep fasting, they get worse…

But I am curious if other people who have not found “their” solution get the same kind of resolution as I got here. I had another cramp today, and this resolved it.

(Jennifer ) #8

Oh, that’s a tuffy, Cap’n.
Thank’s for sharing the Leg Cramp tabs, tho.
I hope you feel better!

~K-Bombs

(Jennifer ) #9

Interesting li’l experiment I did over the last several days. I switched to NoSalt and got cramps!
So, back to LoSalt I go! And the amount of Potassium in pill form didn’t change.
:thinking:
Thanks for bringing this up, Cap.n.

(Bunny) #10

If your looking for a temporary fix pickle juice works pretty fast (35’s) for leg cramps and gets rid of the hiccups too!

(Kirk Wolak) #11

I don’t tolerate Nightshades.
Pickles are a nightshade.
I wish I could do this without ill effects…

Thanks.

This is the typical nightshade list I come across online, is it something in the pickle brine that is a nightshade? Cucumbers aren’t nightshades, but do contain stuff in their skin & seeds that some cannot tolerate as well. I am curious about the pickles because I try to avoid nightshades as I am allergic to most at this point.

(Kirk Wolak) #13

Dr. Gundry has this on his NO List. They contain a lot of Lectins in the Skin and Seeds.

Mixed Results on searching online. Some say no lectins (can’t be true), some say high in lectins…

I drank pickle juice, and got pretty inflamed the next day!

I apologize if I called it a Nightshade. But his no list includes the following vegetables:
Vegetables
• Tomatoes (unless peeled, deseeded)
• Cucumbers (unless peeled, deseeded)
• Peas
• Sugar snap peas
• Legumes
• Green beans
• Chickpeas
• Soy
• Tofu
• Edamame
• Soy protein
• Textured vegetable
• All beans including sprouts
• All lentils

I may follow your lead and drop pickles for a while, I have noticed some unexpected stomach issues when I eat them lately :blush:

(Dirty Lazy Keto'er, Sucralose freak ;)) #15

Hey Kirk, wow ! After reading your post, I ordered a bottle of this stuff for my GF and I to try…

So today I busted my arse in the Sacramento sun, with a 30 lb jack hammer… Tried to drink enough fluids… But…

Then I jumped in our pool… Was in there a for about an hour, and felt an ugly cramp starting to come on, so I asked my GF to please bring me a couple of those tables to put under my tongue. And I’ll be darned if that cramp went completely away within 5 minutes !

I scrolled all the way down through this thread, and saw a lot of people doing other things to alleviate, or avoid cramps, but don’t think I saw anyone actually take your advice…

But I did, and again Wow ! A couple tablets under your tongue and Bam, cramps cured in a few minutes :slightly_smiling_face: Freaking amazing :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks again Kirk :slightly_smiling_face:

(Bunny) #16

You would starve to death trying to avoid lectins because they are in everything you eat! Avoiding “nightshades i.e. lectins” is like trying to chase a ghost! The real problem is a leaky gut and lectins binding to hemoglobin. That’s why Gundry’s pseudoscience works on some people and not on others, so you have people walking around with a leaky gut getting their hemoglobin encoded (by other things?) thinking avoiding lectins is the cure…OMG?

Look at how many Lectins there are?

What does not have lectins in it? Nothing!

[A] “…Glyca-binding proteins (GBPs) are a category of proteins which bind specifically to certain sugar molecules. The “glyca” is the same prefix you see in the word glycation. That describes what happens after a protein or fat binds with a sugar molecule. …” …More

[B] ”…This binding process can cause inflammation and the creation of advanced glycation end products (AGEs), which are compounds associated with numerous age-related diseases. It’s why the apparent anti-glycation benefits of carnosine are so intriguing1. …” …More

image link

References:

[1] A glycobiology review: carbohydrates, lectins, and implications in cancer therapeutics

[2] Lectins and Mitogens: “…When a lectin contains multiple binding sites, they can interconnect large numbers of cells, causing them to clump together or agglutinate. Each molecule of a lectin has two or more regions, perhaps clefts or grooves, each of which fits a complementary molecule of a sugar or several sugar units of an oligosaccharide. It is by means of these combining sites that the lectin attaches itself to the sugars on cell surfaces. …More

[3] Lectins and Protease Inhibitors as Plant Defenses against Insects

[4] Lectins in foods and their relation to starch digestibility

[5] Antioxidants can extend lifespan of Brachionus manjavacas (Rotifera), but only in a few combinations. “…We tested 60 two-way combinations of selected antioxidants and only seven (12%) produced significant rotifer life extension. None of the 20 three- and four-way antioxidant combinations tested yielded significant rotifer life extension. These observations suggest that dietary exposure of antioxidants can extend rotifer lifespan, but most antioxidants do not. We observed significant rotifer life extension only when antioxidants were paired with trolox, N-acetyl cysteine, L: -carnosine, or EUK-8. …” …More

[6] Carnosine: is a dipeptide comprising beta-alanine and histidine. It is commonly found in proteins, and has been marketed as a meat-substitute extract since the 1800s. It is present in significant concentrations in muscle tissues in beef, turkey, pork, and in lower concentrations in chicken. …More

[7] No, You Probably Shouldn’t Follow Kelly Clarkson’s ‘Lectin-Free’ Diet

(Wendy) #17

Thank you! Very informative, and interesting!

(Kirk Wolak) #18

Wow, thanks for that. I just ordered some.

Funny, Dr. Grundy helped me reduce my psoriasis (it stopped bleeding) getting rid of night shades. But the real progress changed when I went Carnivore.

Now it is all gone. And my skin tags have resolved themselves, Eczema is gone as well. But I cannot tolerate Plant Lectins, nuts, etc. Massive Migraines. In fact, the AGE reference is interesting, because recently I started getting migraines and High Blood pressure again, despite being Carnivore.

Caffeine will push my BP… But I gave it up for a bit. Still High. Logs going back a while showed it creeped up and is now a bit out of control.

Guess who bought a SMOKER and is SMOKING MOST of his meats? Dr. Saladino just mentioned how many extra AGEs and other problems this can produce. My BP Only goes down when I fast. (I am eating smoked stuff when not fasting). Partially because I can’t tolerate many seasonings… So I was adding flavor using smoke. LMAO.

Great information. Yes, I have leaky gut! this is known.

What’s the fastest way to heal the Leaky Gut?

Thanks,

Kirk Out!

(Kirk Wolak) #19

Awesome, I appreciate your feedback.

Look, there are going to be SOME cures that work for SOME people.
My thing is that most of them haven’t worked in the MOMENT, and I can never tell if I don’t get a cramp if the salt is working, or if I was just not going to get one in that instant.

They are pretty cheap, too, IMO. So I don’t mind keeping them around.

I just started retaining water today, so Sunday/monday I am going to need them because fasting will release the water, and cause the cramping…

(Kirk Wolak) #20

Whats your opinion on the GAPS diet approach to healing the leaky gut?
(For me, this would be mostly focused on Broths and meats), and probiotics!