WIO Smart flour

Hi all…I dont know if this has been discussed here yet but has anyone tried the above listed flour? Its just awesome and totally replacing regular flour in most recipes. Makes the best pizza crust.

(Brian) #2

How do they do that? The first ingredient is “Wheat Flour”.

(less is more, more or less) #3

Thanks to this question, I may have found a rather useful website. I see @collaroygal already has this page listed here.

Marketing at its most refined, i.e., worst: https://low-carb-scams.com/the-low-carb-wio-diet-scam/

One serving shoots my entire of day of total carbs. No thank you.

(Brian) #4

If I want to use wheat, I don’t need to order it online. It’s readily available most anywhere.

I’m surprised there haven’t been visits from local health inspectors or similar types that could make a person’s life pretty miserable and maybe even impose some serious fines or penalties. Or maybe there have been things like that I don’t know about. (?)

Honestly, there are real low-carb options for most things we leave behind and many of them are not that difficult. Fathead rolls work well for burger buns or sandwiches, pizza crusts, too. Coconut flour and almond flour can fill in for most cupcakes, pancakes, pie shells, and numerous other goodies. Seriously, most of it is just not that hard and most of the ingredients are available at a typical Walmart, at least in the US, and many of those substitutes can make for an absolutely delicious, keto-friendly, low-carb food!

No, I don’t think I’d want to live off of just those things. I think just natural, nutritionally dense, real food is always the best choice. Stuff like pasture eggs, wild caught fish, home grown spinach, and some Brazil nuts (I could swear I heard Ted Naiman say that just a couple of days ago but can’t find it again) would make up a fairly complete nutritional profile, and it’s just real food. The fathead rolls, the coconut / almond flour goodies would be more like special occasion stuff, condiments, or treats, maybe not the best choices for food groups, if you get where I’m coming from.

Then again, that’s just my opinion… :slight_smile:

There is a guy on YouTube …keto dork, he has a video where he used the wio flour to make a pizza…ate half of it and measured his ketone levels…blood test…he did it one hour after eating, then 3…then next morning…all 3 tests showed him in ketosis

(Running from stupidity) #6

Yes, and?

(less is more, more or less) #7

Embrace your inner skeptic.

(Laura Spordone) #8

If you don’t understand what Sleepless means by the guy still being in Ketosis then you do not understand the diet. Here’s the link to the video http://ketodork.com/review-and-bhb-test-wio-smart-flour-pizza/ I started my diet in 2015 lost 135lbs. I eat the WIO products and I do not gain weight.

This is a perfect example of “Do what works for you”.

If you stay away from wheat then this product is not for you, regardless of the inhibitors it has to negate the carb impact (allegedly).

If you work on an IIFYM type of keto and it doesn’t spike your blood sugar then have at it.

Generally speaking, products like this are more likely than not to screw with inflammation, mood and cravings. If you eat them and are running into problems, regardless of staying in ketosis, then they are the first thing I would remove. I can’t say it is something I would eat, nor is it something I would recommend anyone else does but, as always, do what works for you :smiley:

(Jane) #10

Well you can believe the dork in the video, someone claiming to have lost 135 lbs and this is their only post on the forum or you can believe the lab testing done that shows their roll has 300 cal and 47 net carbs, not 37 cal and 2 net carbs like the label says.

When the first ingredient in their Wio flour is wheat flour and they claim 1/4 cup has 1 g carb I have to laugh my ass off.

But perhaps they have truly discovered the holy grail of keto bread and flour - @Sleeplessinabitibi please report your results when you try it. Will be interesting!

(Mary Finn) #11

I absolutely love wio smart flour, im addicted to this stuff, I make so many things with it

(The amazing autoimmune 🦄) #12

Yeah addictive would be the correct term for highly processed wheat flour.

I highly doubt anyone using this product is in ketosis.

I’m with @Janie. Use your brain don’t trust some random.

(Jane) #13

Yep. Scam just like Dreamfield’s pasta that kicked me out of ketisis many moons ago when I was doing Atkins.

(She Talks2angels2000 ) #14

Keto Dork uses ketone strips, which don’t indicate ketosis, they only indicate that ketones are being excreted. The strips are for diabetics so they can tell if they are going into Keto acidosis, which has nothing to do with ketosis. I think I’ll avoid WIO products since they have ingredients that are inflammatory and none Keto friendly listed, I.e. wheat flour, enriched white flour, and cornstarch, not to mention hydrolyzed vegetable oil contains cottonseed oil. Ingredients first!!! Keto on!