Why do we sometimes get thrown out of Ketosis 2

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #21

This is very interesting. I’m still digesting, so may comment further.

(John Drewett) #22

Thank you CTViggen Bob , I know myself too well and part of the Targeted Ketogenic Diet for me at this point would be all about bringing my sugar girl back into my life . I’ve done this 20 gram thing pretty well thus far regarding compliance . Yesterday after arriving at this forum for one reason or another I went to the Carb Manager App that I ran across here as well and decided to only log Carbs , I happily availed of the 34 Net Carb allowance it dictated for me and went to the blood lab and still got a 2 value on the Keto lab that afternoon having consumed 29 net carbs . There seems something fair if not upstanding about life when I’m able to bring slices of bell pepper and onion and a 6 cherrie tomatoes to the leafy stuff and the avocado . I also learned at this forum if I wanted to amp up stuff then to go heavier with the fat so I’m feeling ok about things . The Peter Attia guy I’m a fan of ( actually his many guest ) Dom Agostino and the Ignio Millan , anyhow from one of them I was exposed to the idea of Non Insulin glucose uptake , there may be these receptors that reach down and actively suck up sugar immediately after or during excercise but I’ll wait and mess with that later. I committed to staying to the net 20 carb limit until Sept 24th which would make 3 months of following the rules , I’m not counting the time so much any more is the thing that pleases me most . Last thing I have stuck in my mind was that Peter Attia was eating something like 600 kcal of carbs a day when biking 100km / day each day for 3 days . I’ll stick to my 3 months and then give myself permission to explore . I’m really motivated by the idea of restoring mitochondria health and this is kind of fun. thank you for your feed back John ( today I’ll make pesto and will get around to learning to make my on mayo soon ) bye

(John Drewett) #23

I’m reluctant to post these links because it will allow one to listen for awhile and then requires a paid subscription , there are however many interviews that are shorter and require none "The Qualy’s , so their is a learning curve this particular one has to do with Mitochondrial health : https://peterattiamd.com/inigosanmillan/

(John Drewett) #24

This guy talks about fructose and a genetic mutation that occurred 17million years ago that allowed Great Apes to store fat and uric acid and so forth and more https://peterattiamd.com/rickjohnson/

(John Drewett) #25

This guy who has been in Keto since 2008 will answer the question regarding intermittent Keto of doing 1 week on every 4 or 5 weeks using the metabolical flexibility and metabolic memory concepts , I’m not there and don’t know if I will ever be . I’m adamant on attempting to keep blood glucose , blood pressure fat percentage in perspective but I find him credible https://peterattiamd.com/domdagostinoama01/

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #26

Deranged lipid metabolism certainly contributes to the the problem. I remember Dr. Phinney’s saying at Ketofest 2019 that he was coming to the conclusion that chronic systemic inflammation is behind insulin resistance and diabetes.