When worlds collide peacefully

I didn’t find my photo about many swans and zillion ducks but I can show great tits and the silhouette of a wren on the grapevine… :smiley:
The tits in the snow (chickadee is a long and funny but not funny enough word, you know) happened a few days ago. We often has snow even in March here but it was still February.

I so could talk about other things but nature and photos and I am derailed unless someone mentions food! Or art and I am in the mood…
Maybe later. Still no politics, that’s not my thing. I am not into religion either though may talk about it a bit but I have my own things, I don’t follow anything. My style of keto and attitude… Oh I am sure I talked too much about that in this forum already.
I learned a lot about other countries here. As we are pretty different, I didn’t even know some food words… Sometimes we have a perfect Hungarian word for something I can’t even say properly in English :frowning: But it’s more frequent that there are many English words for the single Hungarian one… Or we cut animals differently.

So, other topics. Do you have a war very nearby? We have. Ukraine is our neighbour and we have lots of refugees now.
I hate war :frowning: WAY, way more than the average person as I never would make war (and I am not that naive, I understand there are reasons and interest but STILL. it’s such a horrible waste. life would be bad enough without wars).
We are still safe here, just affected but I feel for poor folks there (and all the Russians who hate it too). And it’s so wrong. All wars are bad but some are more “understandable” than others. At least from one side… My people rebelled a lot against supressors. Is it not a proper word? But you understand it, right?
We had peace nearby for decades (Yugoslavia was our neighbour too and when it broke apart, that was violent). And now there is war again. Sigh.
Hungary itself had no such violence since 1956. 1989 went quite smoothly. And the world changed. We started to get Western stuff in the shops and banana… Before we had super green bananas once a year and people waited in a row for ages for it… I disliked banana as a kid as it was bad and not yellow. (I LOVE banana now and I doubt carnivore can ever change it. I just rarely eat it unlike when I was a newbie ketoer. Just as my love towards pork never diminished during my 8 vegetarian years and the following almost vegetarian decades. My tastes rarely change though carnivore actually did the trick, I don’t like most veggies now. I probably feel the taste the same, I just don’t enjoy it.)

By the way, swans and geese… There is a lake not super far away but not exactly here. We go by car and attend the festival when the geese are there, thousands of them! It was cold but great last year, they made some wonderful noise :smiley: Our pond has many swans, zillion ducks, egrets, seagulls… Sometimes we see herons as well. I saw coots last year… These birds are always nearby, egrets are few and shy, I don’t always see them so I am very glad when I see one or two, they are beutiful. We get the smaller kind. (Where did I put my photos? Sigh. I actually organize them but a bit chaotically and I leave stuff on the many CF cards for long.)

(Robin) #22

That’s what I mean by our worlds being so diverse yet colliding on here.
I simply cannot imagine being affected personally by war.
Even in the Vietnam War, I knew friends who fought and a couple who died. But it did not happen anywhere close… just on the tv screen.

the events in Kuwait are heartbreaking and unimaginable. The mere idea that humans can be so cruel is beyond my understanding.

Oh it’s actually far away, my aunt lives in the other end of this admittedly small country, refugee camps are around there… And actual war, we don’t have it, that part is okay.
But the country is affected. Our currency is very week all the time and whatever happens in the world, it gets weaker but now? Our money suddenly is worth 23% less, it took some days… And we will feel it as we depend on import on many stuff. We already has unusually quickly raising prices (except pork, IDK why) and inflation is quite serious in this country anyway, it’s normal here. But now it got worse.
I should get some other currency, well my occasional design work pays in USD, that’s good…

I have just found this on a CF card… I wanted to show you our swans and ducks. Just a few from each, it was a day when there were quite a few thousands of ducks and the usual several swans on the frozen lake in end of January. I just made some clicks, didn’t know I will cut the photo in a way that the swans could use more focus, oh well. The ducks looks good, I like the sunlight, I was lucky with that.

(Robin) #25

This is wonderful!!! How lovely1

Wow! The photos and descriptions on this thread are several levels of amazing! Wow!

(Robin) #28

Wichita, Kansas last night. Little did we know tornadoes were just east of town (until the sirens went off) All taken from our block. Quite the show!

(Omar) #29

This is the burial site for mother eva. The wife of Adam.(If you believe in such thing :smiley:)

This site in jeddah Saudi Arabia a city on the red sea.

This is according to very old Arabic historian books . The same books say father Adam is buried in Ceylon (Sri lanka):smiley:.

(Robin) #30

Wow… we truly are in different surroundings/realities! Thanks for sharing, Omar!

The coast changes colour with the seasons.

(Robin) #32

Love how you can feel the motion and breeze

(Stickin' with mammoth) #33

What filter is that?

Custom built in Photoshop. Colour picking + colour limiting + soften edges + brightness and contrast etc.

Billie and YOU own a great life :slight_smile:
that poochie I am sure knows how lucky it is in its life also!!
I believe the pets ‘get it’ ya know, well me on this thinking but damn, if ALL could have that ya know!