What is “full?”

(Tim) #21

It’s really interesting that there’s really no scale or diagram or description that can really describe the feeling of full or satiated or at your limit, because too much of a good thing can kill you. If you eat too much, you can kill yourself, you know. You can eat till you explode. So that’s the question. Without hurting yourself or taking yourself out of ketosis, maybe that’s a little more clearer. You can limit yourself to a “calorie” limit. But your body doesn’t read calories. Calories is just a measurement they give people to describe a food. For instance, 1000 cal. of cookies isn’t the same thing as 1000 cal of broccoli or a Ribeye steak.

So I guess, like everyone else, it’ll just take some time to figure it out. Currently I’m down 45# since 10/1/19. I understand the forgetting to eat. I’ve done several fasts since and love not having to make a meal everyday.

(Dirty Lazy Keto'er, Sucralose freak ;)) #22

Well I have a pretty big appetite. I have a BIG breakfast, and a big dinner, and usually go back for seconds. I’ve only eaten to where I felt really uncomfortable / miserable a couple times in the 9 months since I started Keto, but even on those couple times, it was more because going into that meal, my stomach might have been not so empty… NOT because of how much I’d already eaten that day, but rather, because my digestion had been slow from previous meals… Hadn’t made room for it yet.