What did you take a photo of on your walk today? (feat. CHUNK)

(Allie) #41

Micah, the swan I look after who was just climbing out of the lake to come to me, Angel the special disabled goose I look after who can’t normally fly but today flew over to me, and a little mallard I just met at lunchtime today - all wild and free, although Angel will be moving to a Sanctuary next week as she’s really struggling on her own and is vulnerable with her deformity.

(Casey Crisler) #42

I didn’t actually take these pics but my hiking partner did. I preferred to enjoy it with my eyes instead of a viewfinder. Sunset yesterday in Phoenix.

(Empress of the Unexpected) #43

Fiveish in the morning.

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #44

(Jane) #45

Light fading so grainy shot with my phone. Some of our local deer.

(The amazing autoimmune 🦄) #46

(Doug) #47

From a buddy’s walk: Greenwich St., New York City last night.

(Running from stupidity) #48

Probably not leaving the apartment today, so this is the parts of the bacon that get left when my wife doesn’t finish it all at breakfast. “We can have if for lunch.”

(Terence Dean) #49

Ok occasionally I do take a stroll. This was taken 15 minutes ago, one street away. Purple Jacaranda Trees in Spring.

(Running from stupidity) #50

The mess they make is equal to how good they look just prior to the mess :slight_smile:

Housebound today & took what I thought was a lovely picture of the view from my clothesline :laughing: the upload gods clearly disagreed.

(Running from stupidity) #52

:frowning:

yes you bloody software, that’s the point of an emoji, not having to type stuff out. Of course it’s complete with just an emoji. You clearly know about them, they’re built into the software #deadset

We’ve clearly both upset the tech gods :thinking: The cult thing maybe? It’s only a small one :roll_eyes:

(Candy Lind) #54

:grin::grin::grin:

(Candy Lind) #55

EEK! Ice is bad news. Hubby is (still) waiting for a load of turkey at a plant in VA that has only had emergency generators for 48 hours. MAYBE they’ll be back in production tomorrow, maybe not. :fearful:

(Candy Lind) #56

I was just about to say I would love to have a couple of those at my house (love purple). This cured me - I’m already inundated by nuts, leaves & twigs from my messy, messy pecan trees! :confounded:

(Empress of the Unexpected) #57

Those are my absolute favorite trees. We have those in California as well in spring. And Mimosa.

(Empress of the Unexpected) #58

Sorry to hijack the thread, Mic, but question for @CandyLindTX. What exactly is a truck drop? I googled truck drops in Fontana and came up with three. My neighbor googled the same, and came up with Avis truck drops, which obviously aren’t the same thing. Truck drops are for big rigs only, right? My neighbor’s son is a trucker but didn’t recognize the word truck drop. He thinks it is a place where you can drop a load and pull out your trailer? And come back?

(Candy Lind) #59

@Regina, you mean drop yard? We have locations where we can bring in loaded (or empty) trailers and leave them for someone else to deal with. It happens mostly with team drivers who would have to sit around and wait to make a delivery for two days, for example. They would drop a loaded trailer & someone else will pick it up & deliver it as scheduled, while we are free to go pick up another load headed east. Did that help?

(Empress of the Unexpected) #60

Yes, it did. Gosh, is there a 12 step program to get me over my fear of trucks? Even the older drivers admit the younger ones don’t signal, are texting, etc. I am terrified of driving in Fontana. I would only feel comfy with a Brinks truck.