What did you take a photo of on your walk today? PART 2!

(Allie) #121

(Susan) #122

Awww what a happy Chunk =).

(Ellen) #123

Chunk always makes me smile :grinning: Really needed to see those pics.

(Diane) #124

@Shortstuff, I think one of the reasons that I love to see your pictures of CHUNK! is because he seems to exude a palpable calm energy that reaches through the internet and across the globe to touch my heart.

Every time.

(Andi loves space, bacon and fasting. ) #125

How did this thread go quiet for 7 full days? Must be too hot for everyone to go out for a walk!

Dog before swim:

Dog after swim and rolling around in the dirt:

Gotta stay cool somehow!

(Jane) #126

For @Shortstuff

If I wasn’t fasting it would be too hot to sit here and knit. It is 5:21 pm and still 102F (39C)!

(Susan) #127

@andsite

Cute puppy!! Do him and the kitties get along well? You certainly have adorable pets.

@Janie

You are at a pretty place, with the ducks and swans. It is very hot there, I am sure that the fasting is helping with that =).

(Andi loves space, bacon and fasting. ) #128

Feeling cool is maybe the best incentive for a fast yet!

They probably would but this guy belongs to my nephews. The boys love to fish so when I take them, they go off and do their thing and me and the dog keep each other company.

(Susan) #129

Awww, that is nice =).

(Ashley) #130

While on a walk with my dogs, I came across two kittens someone tossed out. Guy said they been hiding at a local park for a week. I scooped them up and fed them, put a blanket in my garage, getting dewormer to give tomorrow and a dish soap bath for fleas.

(Susan) #131

They are so cute! Are you going to keep them as pets? or find them a home? They are so sweet. People are horrid, abandoning them, grrrr. It is good that you found them and rescued them.

(Ashley) #132

I’m not sure yet as what I am doing with them. My next door neighbors have outdoor cat and she does fine. I don’t want anymore indoor pets due to having 4 indoors. My cats inside were both rescues. My dogs are also both rescues. I never really intended on having pets but I guess I was in the right place at the right time. My one dog was being shaken by some pregnant lady at a Walmart in frustration because a 6 week old puppy peed in her car instead of holding it. So I told her either I take it now or report her for animal abuse and she handed her over and left. People surely are messed up with animals.

(Susan) #133

Wow! That is horrid that she would do that to the poor puppy! It also makes me wonder/worry how she will treat her child once he/she is born… not a good omen at all!

(Ashley) #134

Yes! I really hope for the sake of her child, she changed!

(Susan) #135

People being cruel to children or animals is just so evil to me.

I don’t want people to be cruel to anyone, of course, but well you know what i mean. I think lots of people have outdoor cats if you aren’t living right in the city especially.

I guess for us here in Canada it is a little different as we get really cold winters, with lots of snow, etc so climate is a factor as well.

(Ashley) #136

Im in Michigan so the winter is a factor here for me as well, but I also have outdoor porches that are enclosed that we put space heaters out in them due to our washer and dryer being out there so our water doesn’t freeze. We also are putting on a screened pet door on that porch for my dog to go in and out so that could be a option with a blanket.

(Susan) #137

Oh nice! That is really neat. They are so sweet, you are probably already getting attached to them? Do your dogs and cats get along with each other and with them?

(Ashley) #138

I’ve had them a few days and yes I am getting attached with their personalities finally showing. My dogs can’t get to them since my backyard is fenced in. They know they are there and have barked a few times but the kittens don’t even care. My other cats are indoor cats, my one cat goes into the backyard but stays inside the fence. I don’t think he’s realized yet. So for the most part they can’t interact with each other. My one dog watches them through the fence and is really interested in them but they ignore him lol. My dogs and cats get along with each other. The only problem I have is my border collie mix is a herder so he trys to herd the cats until they run away cause they don’t want to deal with him lol.

(Susan) #139

Awww =) that is cute though. They are lucky pets to have you =-). I am sure the two new little additions will do well with your set up as outdoor cats too =).

(Allie) #140

Someone has birthday cake :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: