What did you take a photo of on your walk today? PART 2!

(Lazy, Dirty Keto 😝) #566

For sure, it was a blast! Even with all that walking :sweat_smile::joy:

(Ashley) #567

Sorry guys idk why things are double posting :crazy_face:

(Ashley) #568

It didn’t feel bad until the car ride home when I was like day I just want to lay lol!

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #569

So much fun!

I have some flowers but I doesn’t seem to make good photos lately, I don’t know why.

These are definitely not pretty ones. It happened this afternoon. Those are the trees just outside of my property, kind of mine. The little summer apple tree got broken, the other, not visible summer apple tree got all its leaves burned and the sour cherry tree was big enough to have lots of intact leaves on it still.

The field was almost ready to reap… I don’t find the photo where the wheat(? sorry, I just can’t tell which grain) was all gold and beautiful in the setting sun… And I am just not in the mood to search.

I actually have some other photos from the last several days…

I don’t have really pretty zinias yet, just these. I usually have some full and/or very nice red ones, those are my favs.

(Jane) #571

Red (for @Shinita) and orange zinnias just starting to bloom. They will bloom all summer. I know the first pic looks orange-ish but that’s my cell phone camera. It’s a pretty red.

And a visitor to our meadow. Ella found him and started barking at it. He just pulled into his shell and ignored her. It is the largest turtle I’ve ever seen outside of a zoo. His shell was at least a foot long in length.

Yay! Yes, I always have such ones too (both orange-red and real bright red), I hope it will happen this year as well!

We only saw one smaller turtle in a nearby pond since we live here (8 years, maybe?), that was a joyous moment.

(Jane) #573

Calla lillies

(KCKO, KCFO) #574

Humm, those look like cannas to me. We grow cannas every year, love them.

I can not even read Calla Lilies without hearing Katherine Hepburn’s voice in my head.

Here are some calla lillies, the blossom is more pitcher like.
https://duckduckgo.com/?q=calla+lilies&t=chromentp&iar=images&iax=images&ia=images

(Jane) #575

You are correct! I’ve been calling them wrong all my life. We had the yellow and orange ones growing up.

I have found my older photos of the field, before the fire. The luckier parts looked like this even after the fire, just a few days ago. They got cut down today. Now I look at a cornfield with some leftover sunflowers here and there when I take my tiniest walk to the hilltop… The cats enjoy the cornfield very much, last time 3 of them were running between the rows…

(KCKO, KCFO) #577

Had to share my cannas. Here are how they are looking today, they have just started to bloom in the past week.

(Jane) #578

Beautiful - those are the ones I grew up with. They did great down in Houston and every time we moved we dug up a few and took them with us to our new home and they always survived and multiplied.

I walked all day at work, so this is a picture of my feet enjoying the east side of the yard…

(KCKO, KCFO) #580

Nice ducks you are observing.

:grin:

(Allie) #582

Not walking much as my old man is in lots of pain with his hips. Took him for laser acupuncture last night, praying for a miracle.

(Jane) #583

:worried:

Praying for a miracle for sweet Chunk :heart:

(Allie) #584

One last happy face :heart: