Water fast with me plz

You got it! Just keep posting and I’m sure you’ll get more encouragement. Check around the forums, too. There’s lots of good advice and awesome people… just maybe avoid the “What did you eat today” topic! :laughing:

Good luck Joyanna!

(MJ) #7

Hi, Joyanna –

I will be happy to join with you. My DH decided to cook dinner for a friend this evening. Farmer-type meal. I blew it. But, no better time than the present to begin (again)! Good luck!

MJ

(Teresa) #8

Hi Joyanna. I will support you, I need more time to prep myself to do a three day fast. :smile:

(Mark) #9

I’m on hour 50 right now I always do a nice feast before I start a fast,I find if I can get through the first 24 hours it becomes easier after that,I have been on one meal a day for a while,just picked up some stuff for my wife at the grocery store wasn’t tempted by anything in there,I really do start to feel good after 48 hours of just black coffee and tea, ketones are pretty cool

I plan on doing a 3 day water/coffee/tea fast starting next Thursday night. Would love to fast together. I seem to always end at around 42 hrs, but really want to get to 72 hrs. Having company would help motivation.
Can’t do it earlier since fasting and work don’t go well for me and I’ll basically be working the next 7 nights straight. What I do to get vacation time! If you’re still looking for a fasting buddy…

(Ken) #11

Good morning and welcome @Joyanna_Roux. I am currently 24 hours in on an EF aiming for 100 on just water and black coffee. I have to say that for me fasting gets easier the more you practice it. Hang in there - you got this!

Have a great day and KCKO!

Oh, and don’t forget your Ketoaide or whatever form you choose to supplement your salt, potassium and magnesium - it really does help during a fast.

(Lisa Stevens) #12

I just started a strict fast today. I usually do fat fast where I allow myself fat in my coffee or bone broth. Today I’m starting black coffee and water fast. I’m not sure how long I want to do it for. I want to lower my insulin level. I had blood work done and it came back as 10.2.

(Cynthia) #13

I’d love to join you! I am 12 hours fasted now and ideally want to go 5 days but have never made it past 3.

I’ve just finished a cup of black coffee and am getting ready to make my Ketoaide…

Happy fasting!

I’m down, I’m literally in the Dentist office as we speak as my wife is getting gum work done, and will be screwed up for a bit after, we just said last night seems like a good time to finish out the week with a fast!

(Joyanna Roux) #15

Awesome! I’m starting this morning! I’m super motivated so far and didn’t eat breakfast (which I usually give in to) so already a bit of progress haha

(Joyanna Roux) #16

Thanks so much Theresa !

(Joyanna Roux) #17

I’m excited to get to that point. So far it’s just hunger and food obsession haha

(Joyanna Roux) #18

Sure! I’m still going to do my 3 days this week but would love to do another one next Thursday! Remind me in a week and let’s get started together :slight_smile:

(Joyanna Roux) #19

Never heard of Ketoaide! I am a vegan ketogenic, would you know of any vegan ketoaides that I could use? Thanks

(Joyanna Roux) #20

Alright let’s encourage each other!

(Joyanna Roux) #21

Alright let’s do it! What do you use as ketoaide?

(Lisa Stevens) #22

I mix magnesium, cream of tartar, pink salt with lemon. Cream of tartar is a source of potassium. The magnesium I use is ionic magnesium liquid. It doesn’t upset my stomach. I have electrolyte powders but I think I’m sensitive to the sweetener in it. Jig-Saw powder–I keep a packet in my purse when I go out just in case I feel bad but I don’t use the entire package. I also don’t add all that stuff to all of the water I drink. I’m lucky, I work from home so I can deal with anything that might come up.

(Ethan) #23

@Joyanna_Roux, I am with you. I started mine Sunday 9 pm. I’ll break it Saturday 5:00 am

(MJ) #24

Oh, Lisa – I hear you! Will keep you in my thoughts as well. As long as I have others to focus on, I do better. I started with an a1c of 12. Going for bloodwork Feb 1.

(MJ) #25

I’m having coffee. No breakfast is not a problem for me! Thanks for motivating me!