Unable to find Health Forums and get an API Authorization Error on Discourse App

(Paul A. Mastrangeli, Jr.) #1

In addition to the issues in the title, I am not sure where to post these issues (maybe due to the same reason I cannot see the health forums) but know that posts can be moved to the correct location so, I will post this here with the expectation that it will be moved to the correct forum.

I have a doctors appointment coming up this week and was looking to solicit some feedback about what I expect her reaction to my being on a Ketogenic diet will be along with results of blood work and issues that have cropped up but I am unable to see the health forums/topics, so do not know where to post this item.

Also, when attempting to use the Discourse App on my phone, I get an API Authorization Error (I got this when I first signed up and it went away after about fifteen minutes but had to replace my phone and cannot connect using it now).

I do not know if these two issues are related to the gamification of this site (not something that I am really a fan of for anything other than self moderation functionality) or if they are two distinct issues.

(Paul A. Mastrangeli, Jr.) #2

This is the error I have been receiving:

(Paul A. Mastrangeli, Jr.) #3

I am actually now able to see the health topic.

(Paul A. Mastrangeli, Jr.) #4

I do not know if someone looked at both issues or if one or both were cleared up by gamification markers, but both issues are resolved for the moment. Now, how do I delete this (since it will not be of use to anyone)?

(Paul A. Mastrangeli, Jr.) #5

I found the directions to delete the post (HOW TO: Delete one of my posts) but it only appears to be available for my replies to myself.

You were in a 15 minute waiting period after logging in for the first time. After that you get bumped to trust level 1. That allows you access via the Discourse app also. Everyone who was active before New Year’s should have been upgraded with a legacy account, but you must have slipped through the cracks.

No need to delete, it could be useful someone else with the same problem.

(Richard Morris) #7

Added Paul to the Legacy group - it should all be working now.

:hat:

(Paul A. Mastrangeli, Jr.) #8

But I have had an account since December 28th…

(Paul A. Mastrangeli, Jr.) #9

I am still only able to see these options on the topic:

You were somehow missed being added to Legacy group. We were doing that part manually on an as needed basis.

Yes, it appears that only an admin can delete or unlist an entire topic. As a user, you can only edit or move it to a different category.

(Bart) #12

Hmmm, I joined in December, Christmas Day I believe, I think I may still be guinea pig. I am not sure how to tell. I look in my presences on profile page and guinea pig is my only option. Any thoughts?

The Guinea Pig is a badge rather than a group. If you were a member of 2KD Facebook group, then @richard can add you to the FB Legacy group manually so you will get the little fb logo. You are already at trust level 1, “basic user”.

(Bart) #14

I am a member of the Facebook group, I was one of the early ones to join. I do not log into the forums via Facebook though, I created a separate account.

(Richard Morris) #16

It’s alright we don’t link up with the facebook logins - I am just adding everyone who joins the forum before Feb 2nd to the legacy group.

(FRANK MONTEIRO) #17

Rlichard, I was a member of the facebook group since August I believe. Can I be added to the Legacy group?

(Kathy L) #18

@richard &@carl
Can you fix the Mobil API error for new user Kapp? We just got off “low carb cruise” & im having my sister (& friend) join this. THANK YOU! Cruise was awesome -jimmy Moore, Eric Westman, Stephan phinney, :heart::heart::heart::heart:

(carl) #19

What error?

(Kathy L) #20

Sorry, you do not have the required trust level to access the user API
Just created account on Mobil- but cannot log in. User: kapp

(carl) #21

You have to use the website for 15 minutes before you can sign in on the mobile app.