Trying to get 1 day

newbies

(JMarie 2769cedbf6aca43a0b51) #21

Good Morning :sun_with_face:!! Much better outlook today! All of your helpful and shared experiences made such a difference yesterday. Today, I’m fasting- maybe all day, maybe not- depends if I get hungry.
I’d like to give my body a break after all that unhealthy eating and I do enjoy keto with IF.
I love all the great cheerleaders :mega: in the forum. You have no idea what a difference you made. I have no idea how I stumbled upon your site but I sure am grateful. Have a good one! If you’re near D.C. go see the cherry blossoms :cherry_blossom: in full bloom.

This is a great site indeed! Poor site, I overload it with my comments sometimes but it gives me so many thoughts…

Fasting is nice when one is perfectly satiated (or almost. I even have an odd type super soft hunger that isn’t annoying or urging me to eat…) but when I really sugar posion myself (not a valid concern nowadays, I think carnivore helped the most but I couldn’t have even tried it without my keto and before that, low-carb times), I crave two things: black coffee and FAT. No idea why but my body balances out carbs with fat, I ate TONS of fat on high-carb, it wasn’t pretty. One reason why high-carb isn’t my diet at all…

Do whatever feels best and good luck!

Yay for cherry blossoms, I only have a blooming cherry plum tree but it’s spectacular! When there will be sunshine, I will make a photo.
Spring is great for the spirit and starting new things or restarting and doing it better! At least for most people who appreciate spring very much :slight_smile:

(MC) #23

First of all, massive kudos for sticking to it for a whole month. Many people can’t even do that, so well done.

I fell off the wagon over Christmas (probably more stress eating than festivities) and it’s taken me three months to slowly wind down my carbs and sugars and I’m back to a WOE that is hard to start with but one that makes me feel better in myself.

If it’s literally a choice between carrying on with the sugar or going cold turkey and you can’t face the latter, try reductions. Any time you want to reach for a carb/sugar, eat keto first then see how you feel. Prioritise tasty keto foods when you feel hungry or snacky, even if you have to mix them with stevia. Find a good bridge (mine is real coffee) when cravings hit.

I hope you decide to give it another go, it will be so beneficial for your joints. Give that future you a nice present : )

(Cathy) #24

My tip is to plan ahead. Don’t be caught without a plan. I plan my menu every morning and commit to print. I have been doing this for almost 14 straight years. This after a very long struggle to get ‘traction’ with keto.

I will add that I had hit an all time high with my weight and a photo of myself at that time was ever present in my mind. And how I felt . I felt humiliated. Coat couldn’t close, huffed and puffed… it was bad. Keeping that memory front and center really motivated me.

Let us know how you are doing. Being accountable may help.

(Marianne) #25

:hugs:

(Rossi Luo) #26

When I started Keto at the beginning, I ate pork (the fat pork at the belly part) every meal, and I suggest you to try that food, it’s quite delicious, and I have been addicted to the pork rather than the carbs now.
And I suggest you not to count the amount at the beginning, if you want to eat, just eat the fat food you like, don’t mind the amount at the beginning, after your body has adapted to ketosis mode, then it will be much easier to control the amount of fat, protein or carbs.

Well said. Pork may not work for everyone (there are other meat options - I managed keto in a vegetarian way too but it raised my carbs too much to be ideal for me. it’s so much better with meat), but it definitely worked for me. Wonderful stuff. I always was a fat pork lover but never ate nearly this much as now. I don’t plan to stop ever. I just need to be careful to eat the proper fattiness in average, not too much, not too little. But in the beginning it’s less important, one just need to get used to keto and not worrying about the amount of food.

(JMarie 2769cedbf6aca43a0b51) #28

2 days on keto!!! I couldn’t even get one dsy. You’re encouraging words and shared experiences made BIG difference.
I’m happy that I took care of myself the last two days. Worked out twice this week when I didn’t want to. I’m glad I gave myself the gift of nourishing my body with decent food.

(Alec) #29

Do you like steak? If you do, I suggest go to the grocery store and buy as many steaks as you can afford. Take them home. Don’t eat until you feel hungry. When you’re hungry, eat a steak. If you’re still hungry eat another one… by that time very likely you won’t be hungry.

Then do the same again each day… don’t eat until hungry, when hungry eat steak. Nothing else. Just steak. See how long you can go. You may surprise yourself.

(JMarie 2769cedbf6aca43a0b51) #30

Thank you!! I do like steak! I’ll give it a try

(Megan) #31

That’s great! Looking forward to your next update. One day at a time, you can do this. And if you fall off the horse, hop right back on.

(Luke) #32

Hi. You have to really want it. Especially at the start. Have a goal that you desperately want and just keep it at the front of your mind the whole time. Mine was a bit vane , but I wanted to look and feel confident again. The rest of the benefits came with it automatically. Better health , better mind set , more energy ect , it has a massive flow on effect but pick one goal and the rest will come. Eventually you will only want the foods that come with keto woe. You literally feel ill when you eat junk. It will come to you , keep going. Any habit it hard to break.

so get that good advice Alec! :wink: :sunny:

(Luke) #34

I would put in all the keto friendly vegetables if your not wanting to go carni. I have found some Awesome salads on google. The keto friendly berries are a nice treat too.