Thinking of going Carnivorish (meat, cheese, and cream)

(Cancer Fighting Ketovore :)) #1

I’m thinking of going mostly carnivore… I’m not ready to give up my cream and my cheese just yet.
It looks like my glucose is lower, and less of a rise in glucose after eating, when not consuming veggies (usually broccoli or zucchini in butter). I’m working on a 48hr fast currently, so I can’t do more experimenting…but I think that is definitely in my future (experimenting that is). I’m still using some sauces that contain a little bit of carbs.

I don’t know if cutting the veggies is responsible for the lower glucose, or if there is something else at play. Carbs are still being kept low either way.

(Liz) #2

Really interesting chart, thanks for sharing it. Like you, I can’t give up cheese or cream just yet but I have noticed I feel better without even low carb veg. It’s been 5 days since any veg or berries and have also broken a six week stall so will continue on…
So if you want a Carnivorish pal then I am in!

(Ellen ) #3

I’ve dabbled a little in “carnivorish” (some cheese in my morning omelet) but could only make it a few days. I’m curious how you guys do. I’ll be following your progress. Please post often.

(Cancer Fighting Ketovore :)) #4

After my fast I’ll experiment more with both veg meals and non-veg meals.
I’m all about data, and I know that sometimes there can be other forces impacting what we see in our glucose.

(bulkbiker) #5

Any particular reason why you felt you couldn 't last?
I’ve been doing 98% carnivore for over a year.

(Ellen ) #6

I felt tired and bloated. I actually tried a couple of times. More prime rib puts a smile on my face had no energy or focus after a couple of days. I keep trying though. I’d like to see how women feel doing carnivore and @KetoCancerMom is great with data. Although I realize her reason is different than mine. I’m in this for life but my goal is weight loss. Men do better on carnivore don’t you think?

(bulkbiker) #7

To be honest i see about as many women, or even more, as men in the facebook carnivore groups… a whole load seem to be ex vegans who have been very ill and are healing through meat.
Bloating surprises me… were you still having dairy? I still get some mild bloating but it seems to be on more cream and cheese days. I keep saying I’ll try and avoid it for a month but I can’t stand black coffee and am truly addicted.

(Ellen ) #8

I did not have daily during the days I tried carnivore, only some cheddar in my morning omelet. I drink black coffee. Maybe I ate to much meat. I thought that on my last try. Lots of energy today. 4mile walk/run in 60 minutes and some 10lb weight lifts. I couldn’t do that on those heavy meat days.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #9

I thought dairy products, being animal-sourced, were acceptable on a carnivore diet. The carnivores I know who don’t eat dairy, abstain because they are sensitive to milk proteins, not for any other reason.

(Ellen ) #10

I meant dairy. Damn autocorrect

(bulkbiker) #11

There are 2 schools of thought… and there’s “acceptable” and “strict” I guess.
Strict is really meat, fish, eggs and water for some beef and water only.
One day when I find a sub for double cream in my coffee I’ll try… honest…

(Ellen ) #12

I think @MarkGossage was thinking my bloating was related to dairy.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #13

Are you sure it wasn’t related to your diary? :rofl::rofl:

(C’mon, there ought to be a few more autocarrots that we can joke about . . .)

(Ellen ) #14

Lol. Funny guy

(Cancer Fighting Ketovore :)) #15

(C’mon, there ought to be a few more autocarrots that we can joke about . . .)

What’s an “autocarrot”?
(I know it was supposed to be “auto-correct”)

Mark, the vegans are here to help. Enjoy.

(bulkbiker) #17

I only coconuts had a face…