Sunlight in the Winter

(Bob M) #21

The problem with is that it’s all I see. Don’t worry! You won’t get burnt!

And I’ve been burnt every year for at least the last 5 years.

Do I think there’s a possibility that low carb/keto/carnivore is beneficial in this regard, perhaps because of the lowered PUFA level, or something else? Yes. Do I believe it “cures” you from getting burnt? Not for me.

Which means that not for all, since I’ve been low carb/keto since 1/1/14.

I say we tone down the rhetoric a bit.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #22

That’s not what I meant. I was simply recounting my experience, not saying that others should follow my example. Just because it works for me is no guarantee that it will work for others.

Remember the Dudes’ two dogmata:

1. Show us the science
  2. Find what works for you

In some areas, everyone has such a similar experience that we can safely advise others, but in a case like this, we have to say YMIGTV (your mileage is guaranteed to vary).

P.S.—On an international site like this one, should we be saying “kilometrage”? :grin:

Just for info, many Irish from the south (Republic of Ireland, not Ulster Scots Northern Ireland) are dark haired and take the sun well. This is thought to be from European, especially Spanish, immigration and inter marriage at various points through history. Also possibly Romany Gypsy inter marriage.

So i’ve read and been told- I have no immediate references for you…but I can get them.

The immigration btw, is not recent, but historic.