Stop losing weight

(edward rosenthal) #1

I am now at around 160lbs, down from 208 since March 15. I am wondering at this point if i will continue to lose weight or will i find a new “set point” and stay at my current weight, or will i continue to lose weight unless i do something ? I am generally just not eating breakfast, trying to do a 16:8 type of intermittent fast. What do people do to maintain weight, neither gain nor lose.

(Ren) #2

If you don’t want to continue to lose weight, you will need to eat at maintenance levels of calories.

If you are happy with the way you are eating and don’t want to change it, you can simply see where your weight wants to stabilize at.

(KCKO, KCFO) #3

First congrats on the loss, well done.

This is a thread you might want to read:
https://www.ketogenicforums.com/t/weight-maintenance-on-keto-list-your-best-practices-here/13096/2

I surpassed my weight loss goal and have stayed in a 3-4 lb range under it so far without effort. I have really turned into a fat burner and my body has found its “Phinney weight” it seems.

(edward rosenthal) #4

having looked up what is “normal weight for my age and size” it appears i have a large latitude to stay in that range ( 120-160 or thereabouts). So i decided not to worry about it, and seek lower levels. I am thinking that i should stop around 130-150 lbs… So i have another 30 pounds or so to go… “we’ll see”.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #5

It really isn’t about calories as it is about what it is you are eating. Fat to satiety has held my weight for months, I’m comfortable and healthy. Last A1c was 5. At my sickest it was 12.

I eat very low carb. Net 5 most days, never more than net 20 on special occasions.

For now I’m at my Phinney weight, so I am relaxing.