Steve Gibson's (GRC / Security Now) take on Low-Carb

(David) #1

https://www.grc.com/health/lowcarb.htm

(Peter Bursky) #2

I’m a regular listener of Steve’s podcast Security Now, and that’s where i first heard of a low carb lifestyle. At that time a reached a point where i felt really uncomfortable, and decided to give it a go. To my utter delights, i lost around 20kgs (around 40 pounds). Unfortunately i started to slide sideways, and just when i was decide to go back to healthy eating, i came across Richard & Carl’s podcast, which gave me a new energy to get back on track.

(VLC.MD) #3

I’ve been going to GRC.com since 1991 when I downloaded spinrite for the first time.
Steven Gibson is hilarious.

(David) #4

I find that Steve Gibson is very precise and accurate in what he says. He chooses his words very carefully, and will often correct himself in the middle of a sentence or re-say a sentence if he thinks he can clarify it.

(Mark Rhodes) #5

I belong to a different WOL and there we say “half measures availed us nothing”. This is exactly the point Steve is attempting to make, that reduction or cheats really don’t work. We are so accustomed to exerting 45% effort and getting 45% results.

(VLC.MD) #6

Exactly ! He’s a gem !