Spoke to my plastic surgeon due to large amounts of excess skin

(Lazy, Dirty Keto 😝) #3

Holy shit :flushed:

I’ve been thinking about a breast lift myself but now I’m afraid to find out the cost :joy:

I made up the cost for comedic purposes…YMMV

(Full Metal KETO AF) #5

Probably ballpark there. :cowboy_hat_face:

(CharleyD) #6

Yeah, my little old L5 laminectomy was 40,500, but thankfully covered.

But that was one thing fasting wouldn’t be able to help. Autophagy rules when it comes to shrinking the skin.

I guess for 68k I can buy a really nice saddle and have enough left over for a nice truck. SO I guess I will just have to start fasting!

https://www.lucchese.com/shop/boots/gd9327/GD9327.64 https://harrisleather.com/product/saddle-214/

(Bunny) #8

Warning: the following video is presented by the SNAKE DIET people/org (they are big on promoting the use of Apple Cider Vinegar ACV) although he is very belligerent, condescending and loud which does not bother me personally at all, but I do think he is 100% correct if you can stomach the militant sarcasm, it may bother some people so I just wanted to warn you before you click on the link below?

DRY FASTING HEALS LOOSE SKIN!

Related:

[1] How much protein is excessive? How much protein is enough? - Dr. Jason Fung

[2] With one foot in the grave, Robert changed and lost 200 lbs — Diet Doctor

(Raj Seth) #9

Ive lost 80 lbs so far. but with extensive fasting - I have no loose skin. None.
Had some loose skin in the beginning (first few months) but it all tightened up over the next year.

Fasting is the :boom:

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #10

I have to strongly agree. My dermatologist found out how much weight I have lost and she said something like:

But you have no loose skin. What are you doing?

Then a conversation about fasting, eating whole foods, no PUFAs occurred. the doctor left and her nurse high fived me for being keto. :raised_hand::sweat_smile::heart:

(Raj Seth) #11

One of the best kept secrets. I was turned on to it by watching “Fasting” - the documentary on Amazon. Then saw IDMprogram w Jason Fung / Megan Ramos - and I was on board.

Right now, I can truly say - I feel better fasted than fed. Unfortunately, I only fast 1/3 of the time, and not longer than 3 days - since one shouldn’t do too much of a good thing.

Edited: I have no connection with idmprogram, other than the fact that I follow everything Jason & Megan write and say. They are the Jedi’s of Fasting and Nutrition!

(Kirk Wolak) #12

IDMProgram Client…
Fasting is the answer.

I typically eat MWF. And I have no extra skin. I have lost 120lbs.

Currently Stuck Fasting while I am at my target!

(Failed) #13

Are these your before and afters? If so, wow! Congratulations!

And if I ever get down to a decent weight and my skin tightens up I am sooo getting belly tats.

(Failed) #14

Can you post a link to the Science of Fasting on Amazon? I can’t fing it.

(Raj Seth) #15

My bad - it is just plain “Fasting”

(Jane) #18

Have you tried fasting? It takes a long time but my old lady bat wings have shrunk.

(Robin) #20

I agree… more info is needed. How long have been at your maintenance weight? It will take time and patience but you body with shift and improve over time. You may always have some loose skin, especially if you lost a to. Or if you gained and lost many times, losing the skin’s elasticity. But it still should get better. I have loose skin in lower abdomen. Guessing it may just stay. But I’ll take it. Just glad to be fit and healthy.

(AnnemarieToefield) #21

Every person who has experienced “extreme” weight loss has, in one way or another, encountered the problem of "excess skin.

For those who have not read through the thread, the $68,500 was a made up number by the OP. I have no idea what this should cost and this thread started in 2019. Next, according to Dr. Jason Fung his patients who have fasted to lose weight and other benefits do not have usually have an issue with excess skin

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #23

If you lose weight slowly enough, excess skin is not a problem in any case. Even when I had my 20 lb.9 kg whoosh that day, there wasn’t enough loose skin afterward to worry about.

(Eric) #24

While I hear people saying similar things, what is defined as slowly enough? I have lost 142lbs in 16 months but most of it was within a year. I definitely have loose skin on my belly and thighs and while it has improved it does still look like a deflated balloon. Don’t think it is bad enough to warrant surgical intervention but it is there. I also frequent some fasting forums and some of those people have lost a ton of weight and the amount of loose skin on some of them will definitely require surgery. One guy lost over 260lbs and I doubt he could fast enough to have autophagy address all that extra skin.

Hard to imagine 20 lbs of fat loss in a day… but congratulations. I do think this will vary by the person and by where the fat loss is…visceral fat loss might have less impact on flabby skin compared to visceral fat depending on where it is…

And to reiterate, my post was meant as a joke!