Shouldn't My Dog be Keto?

(KCKO, KCFO) #41

I live in the Rocky Mountain area, the soil contains a worm that gives cats and dogs a heart disease, All your pets have to either take regular shots or consume a pill daily to prevent those worms from boring holes in their hearts. I know some folks who did not realize that and they lost their fur babies very quickly.

(Peter - Don't Fear the Fat ) #42

In the UK our dog issues are leptospirosis and Lung worm

(B Creighton) #43

If so, I would guess that it should only be mild ketosis. However, this trend of feeding pets grains, I feel is bad. Mind you that is not all veggies or fruits. I once switched our cat to a cheaper food that had lots of corn, and she liked it. But, eventually she started having trouble with normal elimination and then even stopped eating. After a $400 vet bill my wife only learned that her blood sugar and insulin was a bit high. So, I switched her to Rachael Ray’s salmon indoor cat food which had no corn… and predictably, she got better. Daily corn was a bad, bad ingredient for our cat, and I suspect for most pets. It is also bad for our cows… but it does fatten them quickly. Naghite is right. Stuff like this is why our pets are getting diabetes, cancer, etc.