Shingles or keto rash?

Hi marion. For the itching, you could try an over the counter anti histamine tablet, such as is used for hay fever and other itchy type allergies; a medicine such as Cetirizine. I use a product called Piriteze allergy tablets (active ingredient Cetirizine Hydrochloride) from time to time. They can also be used to treat all types of rashes, itches, hives or allergies such as hay fever. I don’t use them all the time, only when required.
Good luck.

Thanks coopdawg. I finally saw a dermatologist today and I dont have shingles she thought.

We have had a weird summer, heavy constant rain for months so that may be part of it.

I was prescribed a strong cortisone cream and a moisturiser.

/i have been taking antihistamines, a daytime non-drowsy and a nighttime one.

I didn’t mention keto to the dermatologist, I didn’t want to get us a bad reputation!

The endocrinalogist thought it looked like shingles.

But I have been in a heated chlorinated pool 3x weekly til the rash. It may be a reaction to the chemicals in the water.

Thanks everyone for the input.

I’m glad things are looking better for you!

Interesting that you mention the heavy heat and humidity environment.
Sounds like ‘Prickly heat’ to me. Us brits suffer from it regularly when we go away on holiday.
I actually just watched a brief talk from from a TV doctor about it…yesterday or this morning?
Can’t remember. But yeah that sounds like it. Hang on.

Prickly heat.

Reliable source.

Heat rash (prickly heat) - NHS (www.nhs.uk)

So maybe even selecting the material of clothing when the weather is like that could help?

And ventilation.

Doesn’t have to be expensive AirCon, but ventilation.
Allow air to circulate in and out.
Open windows opposite sides of your property, but not if it’s a security risk!
Maybe just upper windows if you have them.

Over here (Northern Ireland), we normally have to worry about getting heat into us rather than cooling down…but that’s why we go away on holiday when we can.

Good luck!.

Thanks coopdawg. Yes i have good aircon cause we have awful bushfires often here and my basic requirement is good air and good water. Fires one year and this year massive flooding in my state. I mostly wear linen and cotton cause I get rashes from synthetics.
Nothing conclusive for me but whatever I have/had it was probably aggravated by the chemicals in the warm pool.
It’s responding well to the heavy ointment, for which I am very grateful.
In Sydney we have to worry about staying cool mostly but this year, its freezing now and wet.

Stay well everyone and thanks for the help!

I hope the floods haven’t reached you- it’s all over the news here.

Mad- when I think of Australia I think of sunshine, golden coasts, deserts and tropical bush…not months and months of rainfall in a few days. :worried:

Dude,everybody had Pox Parties!

Damn right Pox Parties! Those things had better turnouts than most birthdays! I love the way things were!

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #31

Not back when I was a child, thanks be to God.

There’s an outbreak of Monkey Pox right now, globally, including UK.
Would you want got to a party to spread this?

There are worse images easily found on-line btw.

(Bob M) #34

Although monkey pox does not equal other poxes. In fact, there are different “flavors” of monkey pox; the one from Africa is not the current strain that’s going around, which is good, because it’s more deadly:

Yeah, I heard that. It’s spreading rapidly though.

I wouldn’t want it.

Nope! But you’re comparing apples and bowling balls, sharing a common word in the name doesn’t make them comparable. That would be like the people that think ketosis and ketoacidosis are the same because they both have keto and sis in the name.

Bashful.

I have people all around me thinking the same about Covid.

Some say it’s a walk in the park, others say it knocks them off their feet for days.
The worrying part, for me, is the genuine guys who I trust, they report a lasting affect on their sense of smell and taste.

Fk that. Food, good food, smell and taste, is one of the few delights i still have in this world.

I’m comparing the spread, how it affects others differently than some, and how stupid it is to promote the spread of disease.

That’s everything, kids get the flu and they’re really sick for a while, it (can) kill adults, and is insanely dangerous for seniors.

Tell them to start taking NAC, got my smell/taste back in days after not having it for months. There’s a reason the FDA started a lies campaign against it and tried to get it off the shevles, because it works! Still can’t buy it on Amazon to this day.

So you proved my point. Thanks!