Russel stover.... yay or nay?

(Laura) #21

Disaster pants, indeed. I cannot tolerate any sugar alcohols except erythritol. I could never eat Atkins Bars for that reason as well.

If you ever need a giggle, read the reviews on Amazon of the sugar free gummy bears.

If you can eat it and have the carbs to spare, go for it.

(Scott) #22

My mind tells me no if the word candy is present. Typed as I was reaching for the Macadamia nuts.

(Cassandra Marshall) #23

I just found this and thank you for the post. will be on the look out moving forward.

(David Mathis) #24

I ate one and didn’t get kicked out of ketosis. Still was around 8mM for the day following eating it.

The Lindt 78 - 85% dark chocolate bars are great. I can eat half a bar per day and am still fine.

(Mother of Puppies ) #25

DAMN!!

I forgot this thread.

I had “just one” … (the whole bag) on an empty stomach last night.

This feels like colonoscopy prep, as far as disaster pants. I was on the throne for four hours and the sounds my stomach is making now keep waking me up… very like a thunderstorm over a volcano.

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #26

I do this to myself about once every two years. It takes 24 months for me to forget the pain, being held prisoner on the toilet and sheer wonder at what is happening to my intestines. They say women forget the pain of childbirth or they’d never have another baby. I think this same rule is what keeps Russel Stover in business. :rofl:

(Dirty Lazy Keto'er, Sucralose freak ;)) #27

Nay. Sugar alcohols suck because they still contain carbs. Stevia tastes bad. I just don’t get why they don’t make more stuff with Sucralose, which not only tastes great, but has zero carbs. Oh wait, yes I do… Because for some weird reason, so many people have some kind of head trip over Sucralose ?

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #28

my hives went away when I quit sucralose…

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #29

Amazon used to sell sugar-free gummi bears from Haribo in a 5-lb. bag. I believe they have stopped selling this product, but last time I checked, it was still up on the Web site, and there are many, many hilarious accounts of people’s encounters with these little devil candies.