Poll: do you have diabetes?

(Consensus is Politics) #21

I like the idea of this poll. Too bad our sample size on the poll isn’t very big. Perhaps a dev could make the poll a sticky, and stick it right to the top of the new items page. Just the poll, not the entire thread. Then maybe a link that takes one to the thread after the poll? I must admit, took me a minute to find the poll again coming here to see the status on it.

I love numbers. I especially like seeing trends. Perhaps s few more polls are in order. Like a weight loss versus calories graph? Or an exercise vs weight loss/gain poll. Some real numbers to compare avocados to avocados there :cowboy_hat_face:. [/woot! My iPhone is learning! I put apples to apples and it autocorrected corrected for me as avocados! Finally, it’s doing its job right.]

Of course, I certainly hope all polls are members of the forum only, to lessen the chances of trollers. Maybe even put a filter on it to show only members or show everyone including non members. Personally I hate throwing out any data at all. Even bad data is still useful in some way.

Keto Vitae!

There is no such thing as consensus science. If it’s consensus, it isn’t science. If it’s science, it isn’t consensus. Period. [emphasis mine]

(Running from stupidity) #22

I have to find it again, but I have a good quote for you. Hopefully tomorrow in my accountability thread. Gotta find it first, though :slight_smile:

(Consensus is Politics) #23

@juice I am intrigued. :sunglasses:

(Running from stupidity) #24

I’ve setup a sticky note to remind myself in the morning, so it should all be good :slight_smile:

(Ben ) #25

I have listened to 71 of the current 147 casts. Starting with #1. At around a hour per cast it is going to take some time. I guess I could spend some of my fasting time there.

(Brennan) #26

I listen to them on the Google Home Mini in the kitchen when cooking and/or doing dishes etc…

(Empress of the Unexpected) #27

I’m bumping this because I would like to see more results.

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #28

I didn’t vote because I don’t know what I am. I had a high A1c and my doc said go home and try to fix this with diet or I’ll put you on meds and I started this and haven’t been retested yet. I’ll vote when I know more.

I didn’t vote either because my diagnosis was so dodgy. I did leave a little explanation but I didn’t see where my situation would fit in the poll.

(Empress of the Unexpected) #30

Thanks ladies. This is why I bumped it up. Interesting stories.

(Jolie Kramer) #31

T2 Diabetic

I thought that blood glucose tends to get elevated with infections. This is what my father’s doctors told me anyway.

Pretty much everyone aside from my former doctor knows it :slightly_smiling_face:

Ha! Good call!

(Omar) #35

very very strange. Type 2 is only 16%

I thought type 2 will make at least 70%

so type 2 is not as spread as I thought

(Janelle) #36

Amy Berger had some interesting slides at the Adapt Atlanta conference a few weeks ago. I don’t want to misquote her but she basically said that if we’re metabolically deranged (she doesn’t like that term) and have problems with insulin we’re diabetic to a degree.

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #37

I’ve also heard several doctors say that there is no prediabetic. If you are trending in the wrong direction you are diabetic.

I wonder how other forms of insulin resistance like PCOS are considered in the realm of diabetes?

(KCKO, KCFO) #38

If you count everyone who is classified as pre diabetic, you’ll be looking at a large percentage.

Many of us here are trying not to cross over the line into diabetic status.

(Stickin' with mammoth) #39

I hear doctors also refer to the general public as cancerous and pre-cancerous. One or the other. (shaking my head)

Had an enlarged and rigid liver when I went keto and a lot of other symptoms but was never diagnosed diabetic. All gone now. Blessed be beef.

(Colleen johnson) #40

I just recently heard of keto, and have not been doing a full keto diet very long. But I used to have type 2 diabetes - until I lost about 100 pounds eating a keto-like diet (very low carb, moderate amount of protein, some fats, and lots of green salads with full fat ranch dressing) after being diagnosed with an unusually aggressive form of endometrial cancer in 2012 - 2013. I also got off the couch and became a runner in the year after cancer treatments ceased. That helped reverse the diabetes too.

So I chose the response “reversed type 2 diabetes” even if, technically speaking, I didn’t reverse my diabetes on a true keto diet.