Please stop talking, I can smell your bad breath from over here

(Rob) #19

Found some lurking at the bottom of my work bag…

They say Xylitol on the front of the pack. Photo upload not working on my phone at the mo.

(Missy) #20

It’s good to know there’s light at the end of the tunnel. Thank you!

(Missy) #21

Oooh, thanks so much for this info. I prefer natural over gum and mints. I shall look into this further.

(Rob) #22

That’s the one I have! Will I go to Keto hell now? :wink:

(Ethan) #23

Purgatory is where you a(ce)tone for accidental glycolysis.

Hell is for purposeful offenses

(Rob) #24

My colleagues already think I’m slightly odd with all the Keto food, but if I added a potted plant of the breath friendly variety to my desk, they’d know I’d cracked. :wink:

I’ll take the tiny mints and live with the Xylitol for the 1:1 with my boss :wink:

(Rob) #25

groaning! :rofl:

(Trish) #26

Also, as an aside, xylitol is highly toxic to dogs. Even a small amount (piece of gum) can kill a small dog. Just thought I’d mention it in case people aren’t aware.

(She had one feck to give and that feck is gone.) #27

I picked up a breath spray at WF called Refresh. Peppermint, clove, allspice, menthol and clove oil. Also glycerine and agave extract but I figure in one shot of mist it will be negligible. Will keep for those “Want a mint?” episodes :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

(Jeannie Oliver) #28

When I was married, we had a rule: Never refuse a breath mint. JK.

(Missy) #29

:joy::joy::joy:

(Marie Dantoni) #30

Anybody remember Chlorets ? The active ingredient is/was chlorophyll. You can use a drop of mint essential oil and chew parsley.

(She had one feck to give and that feck is gone.) #31

:joy:

(Clara Teixeira) #32

I worry about this too. I always have sugar free gum on hand at work and chew one or two pieces throughout the day. I can’t stand it when coworkers have bad breath and talk in my face so I always stand back when talking to someone as well.

(Todd Allen) #33

A nearly fool proof way to end the comments about acetone breath is to eat a lot of sardines.

(Jeannie Oliver) #34

:joy::rofl:

(Scott H.) #35

I always notice how strong and bad other people’s breath is when I am in ketosis. It can be really terrible. If I am out of ketosis, I almost never notice.

Also, as an aside, the non-alcoholic mouthwash—Crest Complete or off-brand—works perfectly for me. I use it about four times a day.

(Maureen ) #36

Hello!
8 weeks into keto. I’ve lost 7 lbs. Of fat!
I’ve dropped 2 sizes! I feel amazing. I’m literally 5 grms of carbs a day. I eat 2 meals a day but spaced about 8 hours apart. However, on the days I have to travel (3 days a week) I eat only once a day. Okay, so my breath is atrocious! I mean really bad! I’ve been brushing 5 times a day, listerine rinse every time I get a chance, gum, mints and breath spray. My daughter has been a good sport to give me a spot breath check once in a while. Weird thing is, I can’t smell it!..OK. so I started taking peppermint oil capsules, I mean I used to take them in the past for upset stomach but since keto I never have gut pain. It just accured to me that peppermint oil also makes you burp peppermint. It works!
Those of you that suffer from keto breath, start taking peppermint oil capsules. The best brand, and I’ve tried many, is by Holland and Barrett

(PJ) #37

When I was newer to keto, the ketogenic state made everything smell like ketones. And I could taste it – the slightly metallic sense – along with the sense that I was somehow tasting ‘the bottom of my stomach’ or something.

I have no idea why but I pretty much never have that now. That’s despite having been OFF keto for a couple years for medication reasons.

Chlorophyll is your friend. It generally wipes out most smells in people’s sweat and breath.

(Susan) #38

I buy the Pur gum from Amazon because they have really nice flavours, I like the Chocolate Mint one =).