Password Policy

(ryancrawcour) #21

I use 1password and it integrates really well on my Android.
LastPass should too.

(Doug Morris) #22

My original concern about the long password requirement was that it could be a barrier for non-techies signing up to the forum. But I heard mentioned, on the latest 2KD podcast, that users can login to the forum using their Facebook credentials so I don’t think it will be a problem.
TLDR: KC&KO

(Richard Morris) #23

when we open it up for open login creation

(mwall) #24

Lastpass is the way to go! Love it. :slight_smile:

(Jake P) #25

I use 1Password too, its on iOS, Mac, Windows, Android. Super great app.

(Phil Shepard) #26

Please keep the strong password policy

(David Russell) #27

You will have a tough time getting Carl and Richard to lax on the security. Also, i’m betting there is a good core of developers that discovered Keto via Carl’s other podcast. I’d like to see a dual authentication systems implemented.

Every time i hear Troy speak about security i want to go off the grid and start wearing an aluminum foil hat permanently.

Well, I’m halfway there. And I’m not telling which half… :wink:

(G. Andrew Duthie) #29

By this, do you mean two-factor authentication? I’m a big fan of that approach, and use it wherever it’s enabled. Whether by SMS/text message, or using an authenticator app (both Google and Microsoft have them, so whatever device you have, you can find a good one), it definitely gives you an extra layer of protection, which is particularly nice if your password gets compromised for whatever reason. The likelihood of someone getting both your password and your mobile device is pretty tiny, unless you’re talking about someone close to you.

(David Russell) #30

Yes

(ketohealthclub) #31

No one uses Keeper? I like it and have used it for years for iOS.

(Derek I. Batting) #32

I do a very similar thing, except I use Enpass on all devices and sync to my own home-rolled Owncloud/Nextcloud server. Works great!