Overwhelming need to STOP at week 2! Help!

I just got some choczero. It’s really good and only 1g of carbs per “square”.

You can put a small amount of natural peanut butter into some heavy cream and whip it into a peanut butter moose.

Have some bacon.

You got this.

(Paul Jaeger ) #11

Richard, I really appreciate this kind of insightful answer. Showing people the “WHY” of it is empowering. For those of us who used to obsess over where our next “treat” was coming from, it reminds us that hunger is hormonal and that when the system is working right, you are no longer getting unreasonable requests from your body to feed it even when it may be morbidly obese. Keto on!

(eat more) #12

i’ve noticed the only time i want things like bread, fries, etc is when i’m out and about and gone long past when my body needed outside fuel. (i’m not an intentional faster…yet)

for me i think part of that is laziness and instant gratification/relief …which wouldn’t even be instant because if i picked something up i’d still take it home lol

“ooh that amazing sandwich shop…(that i’ve only ever been to once in my existence)…is right there” and then i think “hey dodo…you have egg muffins already made at home…what’s faster than that? just wait”

the only time i crave chocolate is when i want to change the taste in my mouth…like after a savory meal.
pre keto i ate a square of dark chocolate with sea salt “here and there” all day/night long…hey it’s only one square not the whole bar…8x lol
couldn’t tell you how long it’s been since i’ve had any…and i have a stockpile of my once beloved dark chocolate with sea salt

the thing i think is so cool about keto is you can’t really excuse the science that’s going on…other WOE i would excuse going off “plan” because “it’s only one bite…big deal…”
now my brain goes “one bite could put you back to square one” so i just don’t…

i make sure i have plenty of keto food and “emergency” fats while at work…even if they don’t get eaten that day

keto on…you got this

(Tom) #13

When encountering behavioral change I prefer to “replace and overwhelm”, rather than delete, but sometimes I found I had to delete for my own sanity. I did that with the following process:

1. sit down and close your eyes.
  2. imagine the food item you’re lusting over (In my instance, it was Coke. Vary the descriptors based on your own food).
  3. Picture the package, bright and shiny.
  4. Feel the smoothness of the can and the cold condensation making it slick.
  5. Hear the sssssssclick! and the fizzzzzzz as you open the can.
  6. Vivdly imagine lifting the can to your lips, smelling the hints of the sweet goodness delivered to your nose by the carbonation.
  7. look down at the opening of the can and realize that all of the hair from your showerdrain, slimy and covered in soap scum, is floating in the coke, just millimeters from your mouth.
  8. Open your eyes, get up and move.

Repeat as needed.

Edit: making the imaginary food vivid, bright, bigger than life, and engaging all of the senses is an important aspect of it. You could also sub the hair for toenails or a spider, whatever generates a visceral sense of revulsion in you.

eesh, just writing it out gives me the whimmies.

(charlson.melissa) #14

I’m going to try this!

(Roxanne) #15

I’ve given up trying to make keto bread, too. I’m fine without it, and figure that replacing it would just reinforce old habits. Instead I embrace the once-forbidden things that I can now eat without guilt, like butter and full fat cheese and sour cream and whipped cream, and chicken wings and bacon and crackling and pulled pork and chicken skin and eggs and mayonnaise and so much more!

(Nick) #16

If you want to eat chocolate and bread, try the following. Get a big bowl and fill it with FULL FAT Greek yoghurt. Throw in some FROZEN macadamia nuts, FROZEN pecan nuts, FROZEN raspberries and then take a square or two of FROZEN 85% or 90% chocolate and bash it into shrapnel. Add it to the mix. Sprinkle on a generous helping of cinnamon, a little cocoa powder and, if you need it, a bit of erythritol or other non-problematic sweetener of your choice. If you’re feeling really indulgent, mix in some of the custard I mention here Miraculous Microwave Custard.

Eat this glorious melange until you feel, as William from the Just William books put it, “pleasantly ill”. If some is left over, put it in the fridge for later. If you still feel like bread (you’ll have already had your chocolate!), eat a little more. And then, perhaps, have a nice cup of tea (I find redbush or similar goes well with this high-fat delight.

If you cannot shake off the desire to eat compressed grass after this luxurious bolus of fatty glory, I’ll be astonished :slight_smile:

When I think I feel “hungry” I ask myself “would you like to eat a stick of butter?”

If the answer is “no”…i know the hunger will pass

if the answer is “yes”…I’m definitely hungry…and I eat (not butter, but bacon, steak, cheese…etc)

(Nick) #18

I do something similar: The Plain Boiled Egg test. If I feel I’ll be satisfied with a plain unsalted boiled egg, then I’m hungry. If I don’t, then it’s a passing whim, and it’s not real hunger. An almost foolproof tool!

Thanks everyone for your all your help and guidance…I kept coming back to this thread whenever I wanted to sabotage myself, and it really does help me to understand how my body is adapting to this.
I’m going on week three without a cheating incident and I’m feeling great!!
In fact people at work are now asking me if I’m doing anything because my appearance is changing. :smiley:
I’m going to keep on, keeping on :wink:

(Will Madams) #20

FAT BOMB is the ANSWER!

over heat mix

• 4 tbs of coconut oil
  • 4 tbs of almond butter
  • 3 tbs of butter
  • 3 heaped tbs of cocoa powder (unsweetened)
  • 3 packets of stevia

always fixes my cravings for chocolate i have one a day

(Kel Ta) #21

Want bread? Try Maria E’s bagel recipe- this is the closest thing I have had to bread ( I would say better than all of those keto bread recipes!) especially when you add some poppy seeds to it!

(Kathy L) #22

Just curious - How many fat bombs do you make with this … 8-10? - I love fat bombs!

(Roxanne) #23

I’ve been using this past few days, and it’s very useful, thank you!

If it’s Kerrygold, I think I could always eat butter.

(Crow T. Robot) #25

That’s just what I was going to say; it’s just too tasty.

(Stickin' with mammoth) #26

Never had any of the typical flu or cravings because I gravitated to keto slowly over the years. There’s no need to traumatize yourself.

For instance, you could cut out sugar by first eliminating sweetened beverages, then desserts, then sauces/toppings, then all added sugar, then high glycemic fruits, then fruits. As you wean yourself off “sweet,” it becomes easier and easier.

After sugar is out of your system, saying goodbye to grains is a breeze. Then you could move onto high glycemic veggies, then low glycemic ones, then start counting your carbs in earnest. You wouldn’t have many to count by then and I guarantee you’d be seeing improvements throughout this entire process.

(Will Madams) #27

I bought a little cupcake tray and I get 7 to 8 bombs out of that mix. And just have one a day after lunch.

I even got fancy this week and decorated them with a whole almond on top haha

(Will Madams) #28

to be honest when i whip one out at work my friends cant believe i get to eat chocolate and loose all this weight

(Kel Ta) #29

If you are ok baking something- these bagels satisfy any desire I have for bread. In addition I use egg protein powder instead of whey and they’re great. If you can eat poppy seeds add some on top and in the batter! Great! http://mariamindbodyhealth.com/low-carb-bagels/